“Healthier options, but at quite a price ”

Twisted Root Burger Co.
Ranked #5 of 111 Restaurants in Bedford
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Fort Worth, Texas
“Healthier options, but at quite a price ”
Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

I've been to two Twisted Roots, and enjoyed all my visits. This time, though, I decided to try one of their many 'exotic' burgers. I opted for the buffalo, and got it as a bun-less bowl as well. While it was very tasty, it's difficult to justify what amounts to an upcharge of almost 50% on the base menu price. They also offer elk and a few other game meats. Because of the upcharge, though, I'd say they're more a novelty than a regular dining option.

euless, tx
“Fun place, pricey.”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

If you like big burgers, any way, this is the place for you. Just expect to pay for it. And, no sides unless you pay for those too...wait in line, and serve yourself. Nice outdoor seating area, and a plus for Bedford, since most of our eating estabs are boring. I think the person that complained about parking lost his mind. There is a HUGE vacant shopping center adjacent to the Twisted Root. Just walk about 10 extra steps (at the most) and voila! REally.....get a little exercise to work off all that beef!!! Veggie burger is good!

• Visited October 2013
Euless, Texas
“Tasty but pricy”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I was seriously craving a burger and fries and having never tried Twisted Root decided to give it a go since it's so close to the house. I love the interesting choices and decided on the Spicy Goat with a side of regular fries. My husband went for the Enough Said. I have to take my husband's so-so review of his burger with a grain of salt since he's never thrilled with burgers anyway. I almost had to laugh at their addition of potato chips on top of it. It made me think of being in elementary school in CA in the 60's. When we had burger day we would put our Lay's on top of the burger, and to us that was the height of haute cuisine for 2nd graders in Glendora, CA. So now here's an $8 burger with homemade chips on it. Ooookaaaayyyy. Anyhoo, hubby said it was overcooked and flavorless and that the ranch was fairly nonexistent.
However I truly enjoyed my Spicy Goat and was glad the meat was seemingly season-less. The chipotle and goat cheese was all the flavor I really needed to enhance the meat. And even better, what cheese and sauce smooshed out the sides I was able to dip my fries into. Yum-ME. And a big plus in my books: A lovely lettuce leaf included instead of shredded lettuce. IMO, anyone who puts shredded lettuce on a burger should be shot. I also thought the fries were really good and nearly perfectly cooked.
My one complaint about the burgers: The lackluster bun. It was a smidge too thin to be able to hold up to what it was trying to hold together. Also, toasting the bun would help too.
I ordered the toasted coconut cream pie shake. Soooo good with a TON of coconut, but a little small for the price.
So yeah, the prices are a tad high for a burger joint. And they seem to be trying a little too hard with the kitschy decor and funny signs ("Hey Math, grow up and solve your own problems..."). But I thought the food was good enough to try it again one of these days, plus the staff is super friendly and helpful.

• Visited February 2014
Tishomingo, Oklahoma
“Family Lunch”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME experience!!!! From pulling into the parking lot and being greeted by staff at opening time, to leaving and being told good bye...I could not have had a better experience!!!
Have always wanted to eat here, "Bucket List" item, and got to yesterday! The atmosphere is amazing, food extreme, and service and staff are out of this world great!!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Bozinski
Bedford, Texas
“Expensive!”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I like the idea but the burgers are very overpriced, don’t come with fries or rings, or much in the way of toppings and the place is too loud to hear yourself think. You line up to order, then go to the bar for a drink, find a table, and they eventually call you by assigned celebrity name which may work better than a number or real names, but I’d prefer AB22 rather than Madonna!

Turkey ranch burger was tasty though, just not somewhere we can afford to go often, so the turkey burger from Red Robin (who does it better and they have wait staff and endless fries!) is the winner locally for me!

I like Fudruckers too as they have a decent fixin's bar.

• Visited August 2013