“Pleasantly Surprised”
Review of Al Wadi Cafe

Al Wadi Cafe
Ranked #15 of 116 Restaurants in Bedford
Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

Went here with my wife on a whim. I ordered the lamb shank which came with rice. The lamb shank was more than perfect. It had these tomato based sauce draped all over it that went well with the rice. My wife ordered lamb chops which she enjoyed as well. The service was great too! This restaurant has a "hole in the wall" vibe based of the location. Don't be fooled though, the food is great. They also have a buffet service but our orders were straight from their menu. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

Their vegetarian platter is always amazing. It comes with two falafel, hummus, baba ghanouj, grape leaves, spinach pie, tabbouleh and tzatziki sauce. I keep meaning to take a picture but I get so excited when they bring it out that I always forget.
This place is great for people new to Greek food because you can get a gyro with French fries.

Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

I made my first and second visits to Al Wadi within a week of each other. The first was for a birthday celebration. I had one of the shawarma dinners and was less than impressed. The salad was quite good, as was the stuffed grape leaf appetizer. On my second visit, I tried the gyro plate. While the flavor was good, the meat seemed overcooked almost to the point of being crunchy. There are still a few menu items I want to try, so I'll be back.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

I got a bit lost on the way to the beauty shop and saw this little restaurant, so I stopped there for lunch. Good move! The kibbeh and hummus were so delicious I almost licked the plate. I knew I had to come back with my husband for the Sunday lunch buffet, so we returned with a Jordanian friend. We all agreed that the food was amazing at a great price. I didn't miss a dish, and enjoyed every bite (and I confess, there were many). Outstanding were the falafal (shaped like little donuts instead of patties or balls), the shish tawouk (grilled chicken cubes), and shinglish (an appetizer new to me, with feta cheese, tomatoes, thyme, cucumber and olive oil). The sauces were served separately and were also very tasty. Service was friendly and efficient. Although there was somewhat of a crowd, the buffet stayed filled. And we were happily filled by the time we left. Then we went next door to the ethnic grocery store, where our friend stocked up on some tastes from home (which he pronounced a good value). We're planning a return visit soon.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Great ME food made & served w/ love! There is a great buffet M-W + Sun. Hummus & baba ganouj are to die for, chicken & lamb are seasoned well, salads are awesome, the baklava rocks. I have been several times for their Sun. buffet with my family and my kids love it (not the most adventurous eaters). There is something there for everyone. Try it, you'll like it!