“Why is breakfast like torture here?”
Review of Le Peep - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Le Peep
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 28, 2013

What a joke, this place needs new, or A manager of which there seems none, the place is always chaotic, the staff are flustered, the food takes almost an hour (for 2 eggs with bacon and toast) and we just absolutely refuse to go here anymore, we go to the Old West Cafe instead. We've given it three tries and now we are OUT!

If they just did breakfast and could perfect that, then add lunch items they may be ok but the menu is too big for them to handle, and they are on one hand making omelets, then salads, then pancakes, all at the same time and i don't think they are trained to cope with that. They are currently in over their heads and will be losing customers, losing money and closing.

There is always a wait at La Peep even though you can see loads of empty clean tables, and then you just sit and sit and wait and wait then the food comes and its so average, and so luke warm, and really not worth it anymore.

Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

This establishment apparently has no management or supervision. This is my third and more than likely final visit with each one worse than the previous. My recommendation would be that they close it completely. The service (what little there is ) is absolutely pathetic. On the last visit , I gave my name at the desk and was told there would be a 20 to 30 minute wait; I informed the individual I would be outside in the car waiting since there was no seating area available. After 20 minutes I returned to the desk to find out my name had been scratched out and others had been seated who had arrived after me. We first arrived at 11:20AM; seated at 11:45; order taken at 11:50 and were still waiting for food at 12:20. Server did not speak or understand basic English. This was the second visit in which we had the same serv

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Sometimes a favorite TV series loses its best writers and begins a decline that eventually leads to cancellation. I hate when this happens. I hate it even more when it is one of my favorite restaurants.

Our family have been occasional "Sunday lunch" customers of Le Peep in Bedford for over 5 years now. The atmosphere has been friendly, waitstaff competent, and the food good ... ranging from eggs benedict to cheeseburgers, including one of my favorites the spinach and cream cheese omelet. We also liked the many windows giving it an open "New Orleans" or "French" feeling. We never minded waiting for a table.

However, the last two times have been very disappointing. In the first case, after seating and getting the drink order we did not have wait service even check our table for another 30 minutes or so. We waited over 45 minutes after our food order for the food to come, which was then only lukewarm. The waitstaff did not check again for any additional needs we might have.

This second time we waited over an hour for the food to be delivered, and it was barely warm. I had a cheeseburger and the taste was still pretty good ... just almost cold. Again no sign of waitstaff for service between drinks and delivery of food. We noticed a drop off in customers between the first and second visits, and heard others complain about the same problems. We voiced our concerns to the manager on duty, but imagine most folks would simply not come again.

There is no way to know whether the problem is with "absent" owners, those taking the orders, those doing the cooking, or those delivering food to the tables. However, we are not likely to give this restaurant a third chance to get it right any time soon. Too embarrassing. A real shame too, because it used to be one of the places we very much liked to take friends, family, and out of town guests.

Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

First time here. Had the Northwest breakfast Folder. Great tastes BUT the main ingredient, Salmon, was tough and overcooked, which made the whole thing disappointing.
Good coffee. Average service.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

The food is great. The whole menu is served from early morning till closing. The wait staff is friendly! Lots of room. Never had to wait for a table!