Americas Best Value Inn - Bedford / DFW Airport
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Bedford
Reviewed November 27, 2011

I am not too picky about cheap hotel rooms, as long as they're clean... but this place was horrible. I can live with the uncomfortable bed that left my 23-year-old body aching, the two thin pillows (along with a refusal to give us any more pillows because 'they were all being used'), the 4 cable channels in English that played only the news or sports, and even the fact that they made us go up to the front when we asked for more towels (which they expected to be exchanged for the ones already in the room!) and a blanket that wasn't already in the room... but the rest of our experience there was absurd.
The maid showed up at our door at 10:15, opening it without knocking... 45 min before check-out! My boyfriend happened to have stepped out of the shower to grab something when she did this, and when he shut the door as she was opening it, because he was wearing ONLY A TOWEL, she yelled at him that it was time to check out. He corrected her and finished showering. At 10:45 we got a phone call from the front desk. The woman insisted that check-out was in 3 minutes and asked if we would be staying. I told her that it was 15 minutes to 11 and she insisted that it was 3 minutes till! I corrected her and told her that I was looking at 3 clocks, one of which was the hotel clock that I had not touched and she continued to insist that it was 3 minutes to 11 and asked if we would be staying. I told her I would most definitely not be staying and that I would be at the front in 15 minutes to check out. This is the most unprofessional experience I have ever had at any hotel.. it's just bad business practice.
Beyond that, the HBO channel that they offer was difficult to get to. There were 3 or 4 steps you had to follow to turn it on, but there were no directions written in the room. I struggled for a while trying to figure out how to put it on, to no avail. I had to call the front and ask how to do it, and I was greeted with exasperation. If they don't want to tell the guest how to use the television, they should include the ridiculous directions in each room already, as any other hotel would do.
The only reason I gave one star was because it was clean. I will NEVER stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kris C

Reviewed November 6, 2011

Hotel is just fine for what it is. It's a $50 a night motel. Beds aren't great, but you get what you pay for. If you want 5 star service, stay downtown, not at the value inn in Bedford.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank D0n1981
Reviewed July 4, 2011

The front desk area had a terrible smell, we had to beg for coffee since there was none in the room (even though there was a coffee pot). We asked for extra coffee so we wouldn't have to come back down the next morning and they refused!!!!! There were only two towels in the room and when we called to ask for more they wouldn't even bring them to us we had to go down and get them, when we got down there we were sent back upstairs to give them the other towels before they would give us more!!!! The beds are very uncomfortable as well and they have ZERO amenities. The staff here are very uptight and unfriendly, they were knocking on our door an hour before check out telling us it was time to leave or pay more!!!! Completely unpleasant! The only reason I gave 2 stars instead of 1 is because the room was clean. For lack of a better word, this place SUCKED! and I will never stay here again.

Room Tip: Just steer clear of this place!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank kaykay0205
rubenreyes, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Bedford / DFW Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2011

I am so sorry to see that you did not enjoy your stay. Please allowing me this opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay at our hotel. I appreciate you taking the time to advise us of your dissatisfaction. There is never an excuse for providing a valued guest, such as you, with anything less than a perfect experience.

We credit our success in the lodging industry to providing good service and quality accommodations at affordable prices. I have talked to my staff and have made certain that these issues will never happen again. I hope you will give us an opportunity to service your future lodging needs.

Yogesh

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford
La Quinta Inn & Suites DFW Airport West - Bedford
Extended Stay America - Dallas - Bedford
TownePlace Suites Dallas Bedford
Courtyard Dallas DFW Airport West/Bedford
Homewood Suites Ft. Worth/Bedford
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#1 of 6 in North Richland Hills

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Bedford / DFW Airport? Share your experiences!