Homewood Suites Ft. Worth/Bedford
$81
$56
Motel 6
$55
All reviewsbedroom suitebasketball courtevening receptioncomplimentary breakfastdallas areawould stay againhot tubfitness centera great place to staydfw airportfireplacetexasfthighwayaccommodationskitchenettefacility
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We have stayed at the Bedford location for years. This year my mother was traveling with us and needed a wheel chair accessible shower. I called several months in advance and was guaranteed a room with a roll in shower. I called the night before we were to arrive to touch base with the hotel and make sure the room was assigned. The hotel desk attendant informed that the room was not available. She confirmed that the reservation had shown that we needed a wheel chair accessible room but that it was not available. She then offered to cancel our reservation. I asked to speak to a manager and she told me that she had just spoken to the manager and they would tell me the same thing and again offered to cancel. She then said that if I cancelled that I would possibly be charged a fee for canceling within 24 hours. Overall, this was very disappointing
since we have always enjoyed this hotel. Fortunately, I was able to find another hotel and we will not be staying with Homewood Suites Bedford anymore.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank AlexaB1990
RLuque, General Manager at Homewood Suites Ft. Worth/Bedford, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Thank you for the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I apologize that we were unable to accommodate the type of room you reserved. Although we strive to accommodate our guest with exact reservations, at times we do not have the same availability due to guests extending their stays with us. Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience and do hope that the next time you travel to the area you will consider staying with us again.

Rafael Luque

Reviewed December 30, 2012

My initial impression of the hotel was nice......I was there for 2 nights on a business trip. On my flight back home I noticed bites all over my arm and immediately knew they were bed bug bites. I had them all over both arms, my back and legs. I had 2 sleepless nights because I kept waking up to scratch or put some kind of ointment to control the itching. The bites got so swollen that they became infected and painful. It took about a week for them to finally heal and 3 weeks later I still have scars all over my arms. It looks so ugly and disgusting. I have never in my life experienced anything like this and felt so disgusted that i was taking several showers a day. Its not easy to get rid of them so just in case I stayed in room 214, so check around to see any residue before you sleep there, its not a pleasant experience at all. I also called the following Monday to complain and all I got was, "Oh, I am so sorry about that, we'll clean the room, thank you".

Will never stay at a homewood suite again! This is a hotel that my employer uses often.....

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank lmarie81
RLuque, General Manager at Homewood Suites Ft. Worth/Bedford, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel. The health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance. We work closely with a professional pest control company to address and rectify any pest situation that might occur. We have reviewed your comments with our staff and have addressed the situation.

I thank you for your feedback and feel free to contact me at your convenience.

Regards,

Rafael Luque

Reviewed December 15, 2012

I've stayed here several times over the past few years on business. Overall it's a comfortable hotel with a friendly staff. The rooms are fairly clean but do need a little updating. I do like the double bedroom suite which is hard to find at other hotels. The breakfast is presented well every morning and they offer dinner as well. I would recommend this hotel, I haven't encountered any issues on multiple stays.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 3, 2012

No-one told us that all the restaurants were closed on Thanksgiving Day. There we were near Dallas/Fort Worth Airport with nowhere to go and anticipating a day without food, but Homewood Suites came to our rescue. Not only was the hotel comfortable and inviting, but they laid on a traditional Thanksgiving dinner which was superb. Thank you Michelle and Coco for making the stay so memorable.

Room Tip: If you need a spacious and well-appointed room for the family, the 2 bedroom suites are excellent, and they have specially adapted units for the disabled too. We had suite 127 which was easily accessible from the car parking space.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 22, 2012

The rooms are spacious, clean, and the rates are affordable. Hotel staff are polite and helpful. So why only two stars from me?

I was attending a conference the weekend I arrived, and the event was three miles away. I was sure the courtesy car could drive me to the event, and sure enough they'll drive anywhere within in a five mile radius...but they don't drive on the weekends. What? Unacceptable. Getting a taxi was a 15 to 20 minute wait each time, and getting back was worse (30 to 45 minute wait). That's $30 a day on taxi I shouldn't have had to spend.

The Internet access at the hotel was atrocious. I could barely get any work done it was so slow, and based on what I saw the hotel was nearly empty.

Bottom line, this is not a good choice for business travelers.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business