“Never Again”

Homewood Suites Ft. Worth/Bedford
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Bedford
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Mold and major water damage in the shower / bathroom. Room was not vacuumed daily as evident by remnants on floor. The lady on duty Tuesday nite, 3 July 2012, lacked customer service as noted on two separate occassions by two of us in our party. This Homewood Suites is NOT up to standard to other Homewood Suites I have stayed in previously. Hilton should require higher standards along with ensuring maintenance is kept up on older properties such as this one.

Room Tip: Stay some where else.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
RLuque, General Manager at Homewood Suites Ft. Worth/Bedford, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand you were unhappy with the cleanliness of your room and I am very sorry for this experience. We take a lot of pride in our guests being satisfied and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. I am working with our housekeeping staff to prevent this from happening in the future. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area, you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Overall the stay was a good experience. This is a Hilton hotel and I was a little surprised at a few things that happened during our stay. The biggest one was arriving at 5:00pm and our room wouldn't be read for twenty minutes. We went away and had dinner, came back and our room was ready. Strangely, more guests were showing up and they were having to wait for their rooms. The lobby was getting full of more anxious guests as we thankfully headed for our room. The room was great, clean and cool. Complete with kitchenette and two televisions. The walls are thin so be ready to hear doors and coughing guests. I would suggest bringing your own pillows as their pillows are made out of fluffy concrete. Road construction makes for a challenge to even get to the hotel. The front desk staff was very professional even in a time of difficulty. The breakfast was great also. Overall, I feel like the hotel was having a challenging day as we all do have sometimes.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Reynolds3701
Reviewed April 13, 2012

We stayed there for a football game. We entertained family from out of town. The kids enjoyed the pool.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed December 27, 2011

We attempted booking at a Hampton in the area but they did not have any non-smoking rooms available so we decided to stay at this property so we could still earn Hilton Honors points and we found a good rate on hilton.com because they were running a special. We stayed three nights and I agree with most of the previous reviews-the staff is nice, the lobby and breakfast area are fine but the guest rooms need some major attention. The decor is outdated and the rooms in general need to be renovated. We did not have a problem with mold in our room but we did have an issue with not being able to get hot water in the shower. The bathroom counter was abnormally very low which made it uncomfortable when I was washing my face. Also, the hotel was quite busy and two of the mornings we did not get breakfast because they ran out of items and did not replenish them. I was disappointed with the work out room as it was very small and awkward if more than one person was in there at a time. We probably will not stay at this hotel when we return to the area in the future. As a side note, call the hotel before you arrive and ask how to get there. Major construction is happening at the exit for the hotel and there are certain times you cannot exit there and there are not detour signs or anything so you have to fend for yourself to find it. Even GPS does not help much.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 1, 2011

I have spend in total here 6 weeks and come here when I need more room on long stays as the Hyatt Place hotels to not have a kitchen.
They do their best to keep this hotel clean but it is in a dire need of an update as all the decor is dated.
I disagree with the comments on the staff being rude. They are not, infact quite the opposite.
They have just upgraded all the TV's in the rooms to Flat Screen which makes a huge difference.

They do provide a meal at night, but I have never taken it as never looks appetizing!

Like I say, this hotel does the job it says on the tin, but "No Frills".

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 20, 2011

The main part of the hotel seemed nice enough and the staff were good. They decorated our room because of my husband's military service which was very kind but the confetti on the floor was a bad idea. If we come back to the area I doubt I'll stay at this Homewood again because the black mold is a big health concern, especially with children. We were shocked to pay Hilton prices and have that much mold in our room. We laid awake most of the night wondering how clean everything else was. We checked out early and went home.

Room Tip: Don't take 215.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
RLuque, General Manager at Homewood Suites Ft. Worth/Bedford, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2011

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us at the Homewood Suites Bedford. I understand that you encountered an opportunity with the cleanliness of your guest room, I sincerely apologize for this. This is one of the area's that we are very vigilant in to ensure comfort and satisfaction for our guests. I'm so sorry that we were unable to meet expectations and based upon your review I am actively participating with our housekeeping staff to ensure this does not happen again. I hope that if you travels bring you back to Bedford that you will consider staying with us again. Thank you again, I appreciate your honest feedback.

Rafael Luque

Reviewed October 8, 2010

I stayed here for business because it was convenient to the place I was working. Now mind you, I travel every week and have stayed in Hilton properties over 100 nights this year. This place is more of the rundown Ramada type - not corporate owned, but a franchisee. Sure, you get plenty of room, but for the price the place should be a lot nicer. Upon check-in, I noticed my throat and nose burning, but attributed it to a long travel/work day. The next day, as I continued to notice my throat getting sore, I saw dark black mold growing on the vents. But it gets worse - there was mold and mildew all over the shower curtain and a streak of what appeared to be blood on the bathroom wallpaper. Since I was only staying a couple of nights, it wasn't worth moving to another hotel, but strangely enough after I left and got home my symptoms disappeared. I didn't dare try the food due to the uncleanliness of the overall property. There are a lot better hotels in the area - I'd recommend one of them.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
RLuque, Manager at Homewood Suites Ft. Worth/Bedford, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2010

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of amenities you deserve. Because business travel is very important, we try hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at Homewood Suites. I will be reaching out to you in order to make this right.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford
La Quinta Inn & Suites DFW Airport West - Bedford
TownePlace Suites Dallas Bedford
Courtyard Dallas DFW Airport West/Bedford
Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas-DFW ARPT W-SH 183 Hurst
Hampton Inn & Suites Colleyville DFW West
Extended Stay America - Dallas - Bedford

Been to Homewood Suites Ft. Worth/Bedford? Share your experiences!