“Something for Everyone and Awesome Value!”
Review of Lee palace

Lee palace
Ranked #60 of 179 Restaurants in Baytown
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This was some good food. Always has been since I have been going on and off for years. Only issue I could have is I think a couple of the crawfish were dead before cooking this evening and they could have been purged better. They were easy enough to avoid and the veins pulled out easily, but the fact they made it to my plate was kinda yucky. A couple were very dark and greyed upon removal from their shells. For the most part they were pink-red/white and yummy. The old saying "When in doubt throw it out" applies here. That said it is an all you can eat buffet and it is a never ending pan of crawfish put out so I really don't fault a few bad in the bunch. Anyone who has made a whole mess of bugs knows sometimes a few get past you, 'tis life.

The place is cheap! I can't think of a cheaper meal anywhere. It is cheaper to have a sit down meal at an all you can eat crawfish and Chinese food buffet than Mc Donald's drive thru. For lunch it runs us $28 plus tip (no crawfish during lunch) and at night we spend $35 plus tip for a family of four. My daughter and I are always water drinkers so that keeps costs down I am sure but most places charge us anyway. They harbor no (obvious) hard feelings for our water preference and our glasses are always happily kept full. Service has actually gotten better over the years and that tickles me just right. I love it when people are happy and like to smile. A nice smile always makes my day and Baytown seems to have gotten overall more frowny since my last run through here so thank you, Lee Palace!

Fried fish is good though Baytown does offer better if you know where to look to be honest but you can't eat everything on the menu in those places like you can here without risking a life. Fried rice is really good. Green beans are fresh and cooked so well it is not funny! They are perfect as is the broccoli chicken. They don't over cook their veggies to the point they are mush. They are all tender crisp and perfect. Even in really nice expensive restaurants veggies can be hit or miss, but here always perfect. They have a gem hidden in the kitchen. Kids don't like veggies? Take them here so they can eat them properly cooked and see if it is still the case. I can't praise the veggies enough. I could come to the buffet just to pig out on green beans alone but they make wonderful spring rolls too! The ingredients were lacking in them I thought at first without carrot or sprouts, but maybe that is just my preference. That said the cilantro, rice noodle, lettuce, shrimp combo is not lacking on flavor at all. Only down side is I have not been able to locate peanut sauce for them but I may just be overlooking it. General Tso is great. Peppered Beef great. Noodles... I can't say I have had anything bad here. Plus if you have any anti Chinese food person in the party they have chicken nuggets Mc Donald's style and fries along with an ice cream machine with chocolate, vanilla and swirl if you can't decide along with cookies, cake, and flan. Really something for everyone.

This place has been here for a long time for a reason.

1  Thank Passing-Thru-on-I-10

Reviewed May 27, 2013

This is our favorite Chinese restaurant in baytown. The service is always good and I like just about everything on the buffet. I have trouble deciding what to get each trip.

2  Thank JohnDoughBaytown_TX
Reviewed February 26, 2013

This place is not fancy but the food is great. My daughter and I have visited the buffet a few times and it has always been good.

1  Thank txaggiegrad
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I loved the food. The place was clean. I think our waitress was new; but she was very cordial....so I left her a big tip...she deserved it for just being pleasant.

Reviewed February 5, 2012

We prefer ordering from the menu. The shrimp with lobster sauce is delicious as is the almond chicken. Very reasonably priced for lunch.

2  Thank WPMBayt