“Won't stay again!”

Comfort Suites Baytown
Ranked #17 of 27 Hotels in Baytown
Reviewed October 22, 2009

Stay next door or elsewhere, not worth the price paid!!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank toletiquesbysam
CDoc2010, Manager at Comfort Suites Baytown, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2011

I appreciate your honesty regarding our hotel, and I'm sorry to hear you were not pleased with your accommodations. We at the Comfort Suites strive to provide a product and service that meets high expectations while offering affordable rates. I urge you to give us another try. I believe our combination of oversize rooms, granite countertops, 32' flat panel televisions, exercise room, saline pool and spa, and complimentary hot breakfast will convince you that we are worth every penny. Thank you for your time.

Reviewed July 9, 2009

Stayed several weeks at this great hotel on business. Super clean, friendly staff and overall well managed hotel. I like the fact that it is not located right on top of the interstate like many hotels I've stayed. Being a couple of hundred yards away created a quieter experience. I preferred the upper north side which had a nice view of green fields.Very quiet. All of the best restaurants and stores are conviently located. My coworkers also use this same hotel and recommended it to me. It's new, reasonably priced and really nice. Has LCD television, sofa area, refridge and microwave. Easy wireless access at no extra charge. Nice excercise room and the pool is really clean and fairly private. I found the breakfast bar better than average and well attended. The waffle maker is great and the brewed coffee is rich (better than starbucks imho). I've stayed at many hotels in this price range over the past year and this is my favorite. Very nice and highly recommend. Oh yeah, 25 minutes from downtown Houston.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 19, 2008

Security cameras are conviently broken in this high crime area. Car got broken into with severe damage to door and had $2500.00 of merchandise stolen from car. Other cars were broken into as well. With no security around, this hotel is a dream come true for thieves. Do not stay here!!!! My family is still crying in Louisiana!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank veronicamia
CDoc2010, Manager at Comfort Suites Baytown, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2011

Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel, and I'm sorry for what happened to your property. We have a quiet location next to several neighborhoods and quality restaurants, but we still work hard to provide security to our guests. Our neighborhood has regular police patrols, and our video cameras are in tip-top shape and cover sixteen different angles of the hotel and parking lot. I do apologize that our measures were not at their best during your stay, and I guarantee that you would feel completely safe staying at our hotel for your next trip. The security of our guests is one of our top priorities and we work hard to ensure it.

Carolyn Dockery

Reviewed December 26, 2006

Cleaner than expected, and the rooms were decorated better than the usual Choice Hotels establishment. Tile bathrooms and tile accents in the room, crown moulding, clean carpets. The exercise room had a "universal" style weight training machine, a treadmill, and a stationary bike. The business center provided online access. The breakfast was somewhat disappointing, but I didn't stay there for the food. The bed was comfortable. I didn't notice any noise from either the interstate or Garth Road. The front desk even fulfilled my advance request for extra pillows and placed three extra pillows in my room. There is a Denny's and Starbucks within easy walking distance (across parking lots).

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed May 1, 2006

Stayed at the Comfort Suites for 4 nights and found the place very clean. The rooms were spacious with two queen beds and a pull out sofa. The breakfast was better than average, one morning they had scrambled eggs and sausages. The outside pool looked very nice even thou we didn't use it. There are numerous restaurants nearby, some within walking distance. The morning clerk could have been a little more friendly although the night clerk was very friendly and sociable. The price was a little more than other motels within the area but I would definitely stay again because of the cleanliness.

• Stayed: April 2006
3  Thank DSchmidtNekoosa_Wi
Reviewed June 6, 2005

Noting much to say, the hotel has what any business traveler is looking for... A clean room, cookies at checkin, continential breakfast, Wired and Wireless High Speed Internet access is free. Since it's a new hotel, the beds are still comfortable, the rooms are clean, and the carpet isn't gross. A short drive to the Houston shipping channel industrial parks.

The continental breakfast was only average. Normal assortment of muffins, pastries, and bagels. They had a waffle maker that made waffles in the shape of Texas. What is it about Texas?

• Stayed: June 2005, traveled on business
2  Thank nospam
Reviewed April 3, 2005

The rooms are typical for a newer comfort suites. The front desk person was particularly helpful in finding a room that would work for us as well as dinner recommendations. The cookies at check-in were a nice touch. The pool and hot tub were outside and it was a bit too cool for us to try it.

• Stayed: March 2005