“Food is great if you can get it... Service is horrible and beyond”
Review of Texas Taco Co - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Texas Taco Co
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
“Food is great if you can get it... Service is horrible and beyond”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

on three occasions collegues and I visited and were either given the wrong taco's or were made to wait up to one hour fifteen minutes to be served.

The service model is completely broken and the wait staff, though seeming to try hard, has no clue who they are serving what too.

Will not advocate taking a group there again

Worst part of this is the food is great and we really enjoyed the atmosphere but they would have to totally rethink their service and hospitality model to get me back in there.

Consider the bag idea Bullritos uses. Might make a difference.

• Visited February 2014

Houston, Texas
“New style sit down well done...GET THE QUESO”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

we've been there a couple of times. The first time I ordered Carnitas tacos (corn). It was a good amount and I was able to split it into 2 because you get 2 corn, but if you order flour, only 1. They are well known for the queso, it is very good. The second, I ordered the pulled pork because my neighbor loved it. I have to say it was just ok. Wife gets the avacado taco and seems to like it.
Going back I will get the carnitas again. If you like hot sauce, go Diablo, won't feel your tongue for a bit.
The atmosphere is nice, couple of tv's, booths and tables. It has a feel of sit down and fairly close to fast food price.

• Visited July 2013