“Shards of Chicken Bone the Norm”

El Sinaloense Restaurant
Ranked #39 of 182 Restaurants in Baytown
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Someone suggested I try this place for the fish. They were right, awesome fried fish and shrimp. Best dang freshly fried fish I have had in a long time. Grilled on both is meh. If that is all you have you'd probably survive but when it gets down to surviving, as in you could die eating there, who would want to?

My daughter tried the chicken enchiladas on our third trip in a week. Yep, fried fish was so good we kept going back thinking we found our new place. Well, we were all lucky she did not choke on a 1 inch sharp shard of chicken bone. It cut the roof of her mouth though. We are SO LUCKY she did not choke and die. The real kicker was when we let our waitress know she said "Yeah, that just happens with the chicken." ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME? This is NORMAL? Well, that was our last and final trip. You have been warned.

Aside from that horror the place has plaster, paint and tape used to hold up said plaster and paint peeling off of the walls. It is not the place to go if you want neatness or cleanliness. It is truly a dive which was cool until the side of shard. Should have realized the lack of care there would be reflected in the food. I can't express enough my dissatisfaction. But yeah, fried fish was good for what it is worth.

1  Thank Passing-Thru-on-I-10

Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Love the ceviche here and it is the most recommended place to get it in town! Wish they had Sunday hours!