“my stay”
Review of Super 8 Baytown

Super 8 Baytown
Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Baytown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Ames
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Lots of truck parking at this hotel so no surprise there were a lot of truckers. No frills, but room was reasonably priced as well as clean and quiet. Staff friendly. Only disappointment: breakfast was pure sugar (waffles, danishes, very sugary cereal). Coffee was good though.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Mission, Texas
Reviewed August 2, 2011

Keep in mind that this hotel is surrounded by truck stops. Over all it was just ok. Staff did the best they could with what they had. We chose this hotel for convience to a local event and for the time we stayed in the hotel room it was fine. Room and bathrooms were clean and simple. I think if I were traveling with the wiffe and kids and wanted a place to sit back and relax at while the kids go swimming etc, I would go down the road a bit.
Dave
Rio Grande Valley

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Green Valley, Arizona
Reviewed May 23, 2009

Easy access and re-entry to I-10. The rooms were clean and large enough. The staff was quite willing to help. The only major problem was the only internet service was ethernet.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Evansville, Indiana
Reviewed January 7, 2007

We stayed here one night on a business trip. The motel was clean and comfortable. The price for the room was half what we had paid the previous night in Louisiana at a Holiday Inn Express. We were very satisfied with the rate and the cleanliness of our rooms. There is a good variety of eating establishments within just a few miles of the motel. We would definitely stay at the Super 8 in Baytown again.

• Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank RAWinIN
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 6, 2005

After Hurricane Rita passed, we returned home from our wonderful stay in Irving,TX at Sleep Inn on Plaza Dr. (where we stayed from Thursday to Monday). We went to the Super 8 Motel in Baytown, TX on I-10 East because we were still without lights and water. Upon check-in was told there was no hot water and that the rooms were not clean because the maids were also evacuees and had not returned. But we were all desperate for a place to just lay our heads so everyone accepted. There were no discounts for any of the inconviences. Our room charge was ridiculous. It was $80.43 and this included the AARP discount. This angered me because I knew this was more than the rooms usually cost, as I had stayed there before.

I was further infuriated when I questioned the lady who checked in ahead of me and she had paid $60 and the lady before her paid $50. When I questioned the clerk, he said that noone was paying $50. When the person paying $50 questioned him about the difference he said that the rates had gone up. Now this was in a matter of minutes that the rates had changed. When I returned to the front desk to receive cleaner and fresh linen I heard the clerk tell another person inquiring about room cost that the rooms were $79.99 plus tax.

I was even more disappointed when I saw the entire family and relatives of the hotel owner in their comfortable dining/living room eating. I think that they should have cleaned the rooms since they were at the motel. When I went to the front desk and asked for linen, one of the clerk's family members refused to give me three sets of towels and enough bedding. She said that she didn't have enough towels and that I would have to bring the dirty linen back for her to wash before she could give me more. When I returned with my dirty linen, she was passing out more linen. I questioned her about telling me that there were no more towels. She acted as though she didn't remember and that is was a mistake. I will never stay in this hotel again nor do I recommend that anyone stay there.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Baytown hotels