See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 25, 2015

Not a very well kept place. Cockroaches had fun traveling around the room and bathroom. Owner thought it was her right to park in the handicap parking because it was convenient for her. Coffee pot did not work. Will not return.

• Stayed: May 2015, traveled with friends
1  Thank Paul L
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Not from us. We were in the middle of a 3 week road trip and found the Crystal Inn to be just fine. Our room was immaculate. I'm not just talking about the tub and potty either. I check for dirt under the phone, behind the tv, over the bed boards and the window sills. I did my usual check and found no dirt anyplace. Also the beds were very comfy. It didn't have a desk, but the room did have a table and chairs, a small refrigerator, and a small microwave. The room had newer paint and carpet. It was a large property but very quiet. I found the staff to be friendly and helpful. No, it wasn't a major chain, but it was better than some of the major chain rooms I've had lately. If you have any doubts, just stop in and ask to see the room before you check in.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank barbaragwen270
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Let me first start off by saying this is not the Crtstal Inn & Suites hotel chain, this one is independantly owned (by foreigners)

Horrible!! The staff is rude. Asked to have a confirmation letter faxed ahead of time, that was a joke. My name was misspelled and there was a made up confirmation number. I reserved 2 rooms with 2 double beds each (8 people right) When we got to our rooms there were just 2 towels and 1 wash cloth per room, used condiments, broken phone, cracked door lets outside light in, the toilet in one of the rooms was leaking all over the floor, and the room was just filthy overall. When we asked for more towels we were questioned about how many people were In our party and were told that it was supposed to be 1 person per bed and he was going to charge us extra for the extra people. Later on that evening my son got sick and vomited in the bed, when I went to the office for more linens I was given a sheet! When I asked for more sheets and another blanket I was told that they charge additional for children (no I'm not kidding). So if I had to stay at this hotel again I think I would stay in my f150 before I paid for another night in this place.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank jenluvsjon98
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Lets start with the used bars of soap left on top of the shower surround covered in hair.
The " fresh towels " covered in human hair and pubic hair on the floor and toilet.
The styrofoam coffee cups for the in room coffee looked like they had been rinsed out and reused.
The carpet had stains trough out of god only knows what.
The mini fridge was filthy.
Then here's the real kicker. Since there were no other hotels available in Baytown I had no choice but to get this room and stay there, Now I have stayed in some pretty bad hotels in my travels, so I figured I can get through this one like I have done in the past, its a place to crash and that's it.
I normally put the " do not disturb " sign on the door because I don't like anyone in my room while I am out, if I stay for an extended period of time I will have the room cleaned every 3 days, also to help reduce the amounts of energy and waste it takes to clean a room, ( I try to think is a small contribution to helping our planet )
So back to this hell hole. I came back to my room with the sign still on the door only to find that the cleaning folks went in anyways to clean the room, and by clean I mean take out the trash only, not pick up the used soap, sweep the bathroom etc.
Heres what pushed me over the top, I was trying to find a free outlet for my cell phone charger and on the side of the bed between the night stand there was a used condom on the floor!
It was not there when I got there because I looked around the bed before I got in it, so that means the cleaning folks decided to have sex in my room while I was out and leave a memento for me.
I went to the front desk to complain but it was past 9:00 pm and they had already locked the door and weren't answering the ringer outside the 3 inch bullet proof window.
So in short if you don't mind someone else's pubic hair, body hair and used condoms in your room, then this is the place for you.
Unbelievable but all true! Never again will I stay there, I would rather sleep in my car then stay in this dump.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank travelart_12
Reviewed November 21, 2011

We had a race at Royal Purple Raceway.I called up Bob.(the owner)-Called him up asked him if he has any rooms.Sure he said,I told him we was'nt going to get there till late that night.He said no problem.Sure enough he was up and ready.Check in easy.Got to the room tunrned the ac on.Cooled off quickly.Beds nice.All around nice place to stay.For the price this place is a GREAT DEAL for the money!!!Well kept up place!!!-we will be back in Febuary's race and stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family