“Good food and service”

Ranked #2 of 176 Restaurants in Baytown
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

Went there during rush and even when packed the food came out hot and in a timely manner. Would recommend to others

jdmayes, Guest Relations Manager at El Toro, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2014

Thank you for your recent visit to El Toro on Garth in Baytown. I would also like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We work very hard at providing the best meals possible, giving excellent service, and always looking for ways to improve. It pleases us so very much when we hear from great guests letting us know how we are doing and that we are meeting our goals. Thanks again for choosing El Toro. We look forward to serving you.

There are newer reviews for El Toro

Reviewed July 19, 2014

Atmosphere, staff, food--GREAT! The best tortilla soup! Compares to Crosby's in Acuna, MX!! Very crowded this day at lunch but no problem getting seated! Thanks! (Don't forget your ice cream cone on the way out!)

jdmayes, Guest Relations Manager at El Toro, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Thank you for your recent visit to El Toro on Garth Rd in Baytown. I would also like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We work very hard at providing the best meals possible, giving excellent service, and always looking for ways to improve. It pleases us so very much when we hear from great guests letting us know how we are doing and that we are meeting our goals. Thanks again for choosing El Toro. We look forward to serving you.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

This is a neat Tex Mex cafe and the patio is beautiful with a waterfall and nice furniture. I have gone to the 5810 Garth Rd. location on two occasions and both times really enjoyed the scenery and food. On Father's Day it was super crowded but I sat at the bar and was served quickly by a very astute bartender who was on top of it. I saw Manager's filling in when necessary and the staff was working their tails off. I will definitely be back.

jdmayes, Guest Relations Manager at El Toro, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Thank you for your recent visit to El Toro on Garth Road. I would also like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. I love to hear that we are accomplishing our goals and that is to provide great service, with outstanding food, in an atmosphere that everyone enjoys. We work very hard at providing the best meals possible, giving excellent service, and always looking for ways to improve. It pleases us so very much when we hear from great guests letting us know how we are doing and that we are meeting our goals. Thanks again for choosing El Toro. We look forward to serving you.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

The food tastes great, but we don't go there once a week like we used to because they have increased the prices just slightly, but over time they have reduced the portion sizes dramatically and I feel it doesn't reflect the price. I guess they are trying to pay for the new patio! Go to Jimmy Changa's in Deer Park.

jdmayes, Guest Relations Manager at El Toro, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Thank you for your recent review. I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to send us this feedback. I can promise you that we have not changed any specs on our food portions or quality. We know how important it is to remain consistent. I will be honest and say yes that we did raise our prices. As you are aware of I'm sure at your local grocery store as I am that everything has increased in price. We could no longer sit back and pray that they were going to come back down because the upward trend on pricing is here to stay. So we took a hard look at our pricing structure and increased them by 5%. I am positive that you will see this across the board at all restaurants. No one can continue to stay in business with rising pricing with out raising their prices from time to time. We have rarely done so but now was the time. It pains me to know that this may have cost us your business but please know that we appreciate you and thank you for being one of our guests. We hope you will understand and come back to us again. We look forward to serving you.

John Mayes
Director of Operations
El Toro Restaurant's
281-507-2223

Reviewed May 12, 2014

Upon learning that outside would be hour and half we chose inside and were placed in the back corner in the backkkkk. Unfortunately we were boxed in by a 20 person group and a family of 5 which the fifth was blocking isle. We had the inconsiderate group hovering over us to reach, hug and converse with their own huge group as well as the servers to reach them. The wait staff could reach us but we were so uncomfortable with the extreme noise of the room,we had to take our food to go. I had the chicken fajitas which was moist but unusally flat in taste. All other food was very good. Service was good - poor girl had to climb to do it. So I would suggest that customers guide hostess because they are only using a paper diagram and not mindful of other issues caused by their sittings. Suggestion to El Toro - back portion noise could be reduced by seperations.

jdmayes, Guest Relations Manager at El Toro, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

Thank you for your recent review one of our restaurants. I am happy to hear that you were trying to get a seat on our beautiful patio. I apologize that you were not able to sit out there. It does fill up fast and even though it seats up to 125 guests we stay on a wait because there is none other like this patio anywhere.

I will speak with our front host staff about your comments because it troubles me. They should be a little more aware of where they are sitting all parties. We work with them on a constant basis but most of the time this group of associates are young and like you said need to be guided at times. It sounds to me that if you would have been seated anywhere else your experience would have been great. It is always our goal to exceed your expectations when it comes to your experience.

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your meal. The chicken comment is a little troubling because we get comments all the time that our chicken fajitas are the best around. I will check and make sure they are marinating properly. We pride ourselves on using the highest quality and freshest product available. We want your taste buds overwhelmed with happiness when it comes to dining with us.

Thanks again for your review. I hope that you are able to make it back and enjoy yourself on the patio. We have live music out there on the weekends or atleast try to. We look forward to serving you.