“Another Enjoyable Lunch at El Toro”
Review of El Toro

El Toro
Ranked #2 of 177 Restaurants in Baytown
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I met a friend for a late lunch on Saturday (1:30 PM) & we were seated promptly. Our waitress was very nice & the service was excellent! Because it was a Saturday, we had to order from the dinner menu.

We each had the Pollo (chicken) Ixtapa, which was fajita chicken with onions & green bell peppers with melted cheese on top served with rice & refried beans. It was excellent!!! I ordered extra sour cream & the other person asked for no green bell peppers. Both meals came out exactly as ordered.

I would definitely order the Pollo Ixtapa again (this was the first time I tried it) & would highly recommend El Toro! I've been there many times & the food is consistently very good to excellent. The atmosphere is nice & they can accommodate large groups.

jdmayes, Guest Relations Manager at El Toro, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Thank you for your great review of El Toro! I would also like to thank you for being a loyal and valuable guest. It really makes my day when I get reviews like yours. Your review was very specific and hit on all aspects of service and food quality that we have been teaching. I'm glad to hear that all of our managment and staffs hard work is paying off. It you...........our guests that continually help us to improve by providing valuable feedback and that always come back and support our locations. Thank you for your patronage. We look forward to continuing serving you, your family, and your friends.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

While the food here is very good, the wait staff is not. The El Toro on Bayway and the one on Decker is much better. Service is great at these two locations, and the food is better. They are smaller restaurants, but better all around.

jdmayes, Guest Relations Manager at El Toro, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to send us this review. I'm sorry to hear that your visit was not up to the high standards we set at each location. I have contacted the management of this location and we will continue to coach the staff, remove back up areas, increase productivity, and improve on our speed of service. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the food and we are achieving our goals in this area. If you contact me through our website I will be happy to send you a small token of my appreciation for your review. This way you can come back, secret shop for us, and provide us with another review so we can see how we improved. Thanks again for your review. We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

They have some different dishes than most Mexican Restaurants. We had the Stuffed Avocado which was great, and the Chicken Ixtapa which was pretty good.

jdmayes, Guest Relations Manager at El Toro, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to send us this review. I glad to hear that you were able to try the new dishes that we have to offer. We work hard at keeping our menu new and updated and offering some of the freshest itmes made from quality ingredients. It was a pleasure to have you are our location and look forward to your return. We look forward to serving you.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

We go here often. Great food and service. Kids always love to get the self-serve ice cream. The menu has a lot of varity.

jdmayes, Guest Relations Manager at El Toro, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Thank you for your response. We apreciate your patronage to our restaurant and for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. The soft serve ice cream that a family member had several years ago and it has been a hit ever since. We always use the freshest ingredients along with the best in quality. We coninually add new items so that you as the consumer always has better choices.. We are thankful for your continued support and look forward to serving you always.

Thanks again for your comment.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

My wife and I went for lunch and it was good. Restaurant was clean, green sauce was great, I had a shrimp stuffed avocado that was wonderful, and we had a seared tuna appetizer that was good. Service was good. All in all, a good restaurant, ran properly with good food.

jdmayes, Guest Relations Manager at El Toro, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

I love to hear great news like this. I especially like the fact that you tried a few of our new items and enjoyed them! Thank you for taking the time to send me this feedback. I will be sure to pass this information on to the location so they will know as well. The green sauce has been a staple of ours for many years. Our chef worked really hard to develop that recipe and perfected it! I love it too. I could drink it sometimes it is so good! It is great to heat that the hard work that we do at each of our locations to exceed your expectations is working. Thank you for being a great guest and providing us the feedback. As always we look forward to serving you next time!