See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 11, 2015

We stayed at this hotel for 5 days and the reason I am giving it a very good rating is because of their hospitality. The staff was very accommodating to us our entire stay. When we checked in we were 3 hours early and had driven straight through for 18 hours and they were very gracious about letting us check in before 3pm. Their hospitality did not stop there. We were treated very well throughout the duration of our visit. The two things that were a little disappointing were the size of the parking lot (which they have no control over) and the thin pillows on the bed. All in all, we had a comfortable stay and the price was right. We would stay here again.

Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2015

Made a reservation there by accident. We had two non smoking rooms which smelled like smoke. Dirty tissues were found behind nightstand. Desk chair in one room was wet, it was dirty in the other one. Beds/pillows were awful. Room phone did not work. Maintenance man had to come to our rooms to turn on water in shower. He also told us the phones in half the rooms do not work. No apology, just matter of fact. Do NOT stay here. Pictures on website are deceiving!

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2015 via mobile

Where do I start....First thing the staff when checking in was very short and kind of rude. Then we asked for extra towels (for swimming) and you would have thought we were stealing them! The room only had 2 towels in it in the first place and there was 3 of us. Then we need more towels the following morning to actually shower and the manager told 'housekeeping should be by soon'. I explained to him that my son was in the shower and had nothing to dry off with! He gave me one and said housekeeping would give more! Then while I was shower I noticed there was MOLD on the wall above the shower and on the shower curtain. When I went down to speak with the front desk he once again said housekeeping would clean it! After housekeeping came and saw it wasn't something that could just be cleaned off we were moved rooms. We were down graded from a room with basically a full kitchen with a full fridge, stove, cabinets, basically an extremely nice room to a room that had a mini fridge and mini microwave. Then I got locked out of the room and they didn't ID me or anything they went and let me in to the room no questions ask! Then 07/04 a group of people were shooting fireworks off that was fine until midnight. I asked the front desk to stop and they refused to quote them the said 'that is none of our (curse word) problems they aren't on our property, the firework were being shot from the street.. Told me I need to call 911. Called and 911 said there was nothing they could do.

Date of stay: July 2015
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed November 15, 2014

Not the best motel on the planet. I would not recommend this one to a family or business traveler. The room they initially put us in smelled of mold, because the air-condition was leaking and the carpet was wet. Mainly workers were here because they worked in the local area. (Some of them were hanging out on the balcony and I could hear them all night long, and I did not rest well. I told management and of course they really did not care.)The value of this motel is overpriced go across the street to the Holiday Inn Express on Garth Road and pay $20 more to have a secure, quiet and friendly professional staff that will ensure all your needs are met. I went across to the Holiday Inn Express my next visit to Baytown, Texas and trust me it was so worth the peace of mind.

Date of stay: October 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Periodically I work in Baytown on weekends. New area hotels have popped up and that's good. However, the search for a less expensive room (even tho' I am reimbursed) has become a quest. Typically, if it's cheaper, it's old, or rough. Happily, I found the Econo Lodge a new hotel. The price was certainly on the right side but I was a bit dismayed to say the least. Party time around the pool with drinking and loudness. So little AC in the lobby (where breakfast is served) as to be jungle like. Although my room was comfortable and clean it has been smoked in. The parking lot had a back gate open that made security feel as if it were an afterthought or non-considered. So, I'm going to spend a little more next time and get more of what I want.

Date of stay: June 2014