“perfect place for an extended stay”

SpringHill Suites Houston Baytown
Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Baytown
“perfect place for an extended stay”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I have spent nearly 6 months of the last year in this hotel and let me tell you it has been great! The hotel is beautiful and clean. The best hotel staff ever, especially Patricia, Jameal, Gigi, Cynthia, and Ms. Lisa. They were very courteous, helpful, and knowledgeable with any questions or requests made. The hotel has very good internet service. The lounge is a nice place to have a drink in the evenings after work. Also the gym was very nice and functional. The hotel is close to everything which makes things easy as well. Great breakfast and room service as well! Now whenever I have to stay at a hotel I look to stay at a springhill suites. Lastly If I'm ever in the area in the future I will definitely stay here!

• Stayed August 2013
Chris C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston Baytown, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Charlie1229,
Thank you for writing such a wonderful review of our property.....and thank you for your continued loyalty to both Marriott and our hotel. It's always helpful to receive feedback from long-tern guests on our efforts to create "a home away from home" during their stay. I will be sure to let our staff know that you found them "courteous, helpful and knowledgeable". We place heavy importance on providing our guests reliable and fast internet, healthy and delicious breakfast offerings and a relaxing sports bar/lounge to come to at the end of a long, hard day. It's great to know that you were able to enjoy these amenities during your stay.

We look forward to seeing you during your next trip to the area!

Chris Carter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Reviewed September 1, 2013

When I arrived at the hotel, Jackie the desk clerk greeted me. She was able to help me with my bags and even gave me a paper with all the restaurants in the area. The hotel is just so beautiful.
During my stay the hotel staff made me feel like I was at home. And the young gentle at night Manuel was so helpful. He came to clean my room in the middle of the night. the staff is just so helpful and nice. I will definitely be in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
YVlara,
Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay. It's wonderful to hear that you were able to experience both the friendliness and helpfulness of our staff. They are definitely our greatest asset. I'll be sure to pass along your thanks to both Jackie and Manuel.

We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Baytown!

Reviewed August 30, 2013

The entire staff is friendliest, most accommodating of any I have ever experienced and I'm away from home 150 days out of the year at hotels. I'd rather stay here then any other hotel. The staff treat guest like family. The staff; Patricia, Lisa, Griselda, Jameal, Jackie, Chris, Cynthia, Yvette and housekeeping are GREAT, FRIENDLY, WARMING, FUN. Staff is competent and comfortable. I refer this hotel to many of my colleagues and supervisors. I've been here since May and will continue to stay when in the Baytown area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Chris C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston Baytown, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Boyd P,

Thank you for writing such a great review of our hotel....we truly appreciate all of your flattery. We understand that "word of mouth" is extremely important to our success and are humbled that you regularly refer your colleagues and supervisors to our hotel. We appreciate your loyalty and will continue to provide you and your guests with exceptional service and unparalleled accommodations. Your SpringHill Suites by Marriott family looks forward to seeing you on your next trip to Baytown, Texas.

Baytown, Texas, Usa
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I have stayed at many hotels over the years and I must say that springhill Marriott at Baytown is by far the best. From the GM to the front desk staff who are willing to accommodate my needs on my many stays with them. To the many wonderful staff members who go out of their way to make sure that happens. Im very big very big on customer service it makes a tremendous impact and staying at Springhill Marriott has far exceed my expectations. I want to THANK Chris,Lisa, Grisela, Jameal, Emmanuel, Cynthia,and Claudia for making this an exstradonary experience for me on every stay and making this my home away from home....

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Chris C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston Baytown, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Adrian P,

Thank you for writing such a glowing recommendation of our hotel. It's always wonderful to hear that our staff "go out of their way" and "and "exceed expectations". Our team takes great pride in SpringHill Suites Houston Baytown being a Marriott Diamond Circle Award winner and dlligently work to maintain the cleanliness and customer service levels that earned us that prestigious award. We're genuinely proud of their efforts and it's wonderful to see the impact it's had on you as well.

We look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed August 29, 2013

The hotel management and staff; Chris, Yvette, Lisa, Cynthia, Claudia, Jameal, Patricia, Steevo, Jackie, GiGi, and the housekeeping staff are extremely well trained for their positions. Very friendly, outgoing, funny, and helpful. I would recommend anyone to stay in this hotel if you ever come to Baytown. This hotel is a construction workers "home away from home"

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Chris C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston Baytown, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Sam,

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay. We're pleased that you found our staff to be well-trained, friendly and helpful. We will be sure to share your feedback with our team. They strive daily to ensure our long-term guests find our hotel a "home away from home", and it's great to update them on how their efforts are received.

We look forward to seeing you during your next stay in Baytown.

Always,
Baytown, Texas, United States
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Horrible,Horrible,Horrible the staff we're very disrespectful they hollered at my children that were in the pool I guess they think it is ok to treat paying customers with rudeness so I complained. Like any paying customer would. I asked to speak to the manager this stranger whom I did not know was hollering at the top of his lungs to me and my wife would not listen to a word that was being said,Just to prove a point to my self I asked him if I could bbq in the front of the building where a group of men were doing just that, and he said that there was no way that we could do that,I then told him that this group of men were doing it, then he changed his story when he realized it was one of the contractors that must be working in Baytown from out of town. There company is paying for numerous rooms so, people get treated differently VERY VERY RUDE GROUP OF PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Chris C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston Baytown, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear FredM,

At the SpringHill Suites Houston Baytown we take the safety, security and comfort of all of our guests seriously. To protect the safety of our guests, we do not book pool parties or allow alcoholic beverages in our pool area. Understandably it’s difficult to control the conduct of non-registered guests or monitor their safety and we recognize that alcohol impairs both reflexes and judgment. Baytown has wonderful facilities that are built to facilitate pool parties – most notably Pirate's Bay. To keep our guests secure, we limit access to the hotel’s guest room floors and public areas. Propping open doors, especially Emergency doors, creates a dangerous situation . To ensure the comfort of our guests we’ve instituted a noise policy. Visiting family and friends certainly can get a little noisy, so final actions are not taken until more than three (3) complaints are received. After numerous noise and conduct complaints despite management intervention, action was required. As a hotel we must protect the comfort, security and safety of all of our guests. We consider this our number one job.

Our goal is to create a “home away from home” for our guests. . The group you noticed enjoying themselves grilling on our patio, requested permission in advance from our team, and it was granted. They definitely enjoyed themselves. Our management team is more than willing to hear any and all requests. To keep things fair we respond to requests in the order they’re received and carefully consider whether granting permission will create a negative experience for our other guests. If at the end of the day, we’re unable to facilitate it, we help provide a referral for an area vendor.

Truly this was a difficult situation.

Respectfully,
Chris C
Tyler, Texas, Usa
Reviewed August 18, 2013

May I start off by saying that this is a great hotel. The staff are well trained,very helpful and very professional.The GM Chris is Awesome!! he always greet you with a smile ask if everything is ok and very friendly. The staff Lisa,GG and Claudia are great they go above and beyond to make sure that you feel at home.If there is an issue they will fix it immediately.I have worked in this area for about 2 years and I stay at this hotel about every other week because of the great service that this staff provides.The breakfast are very good and it's always someone there cleaning or standing in the event that you might need something.The fitness center is always nice and clean and always have plenty of towels.The pool area is the same way.The rooms at this hotel is some of the cleanest room that I have ever stayed in and I spend a lot of time out on the road working which mean that I stay in a lot of different hotels hands down this is the best hotel.The staff is always at the front desk and ready to take on any issues that you might have.I stay at this hotel a week at a time and have never had any issues. They really have a great Team here
Thanks!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Chris C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston Baytown, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Jeffrey,

Wow! Thank you for writing such a wonderful review of our hotel. We share all of our guest feedback with our staff, and Lisa, GG. Claudia and I were humbled by your compliments. We strive each day to provide all of our guests with a "home away from home" and to ensure that our hotel's cleanliness, incredible amenities and customer service exceeds all of your expectations. It's wonderful to hear that our staff has achieved that. We're especially proud that after 2 years of staying with us on a consistent basis, you feel exactly the same. Rest assured that we will continue to greet you with a friendly smile and make sure that you "feel at home".

We're looking forward to seeing you during your next stay.