“Good value for price”

WoodSpring Suites Houston Baytown
Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in Baytown
Reviewed January 1, 2011

I was here for two months. I felt very safe. There is on site security. The couple who lives on site were fantastic. Really felt like coming home. This is a new place and very clean. This is definitely bare bones and it would be really tough to stay here for a long time. Considering where I was working, this was about the best deal. Good for a budget conscious traveller.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank n4matishun
Heather L, Manager at WoodSpring Suites Houston Baytown, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Value Place prides itself on being clean and safe. Because our Studio Attendants follow checklists of simple, thorough and effective housekeeping practices they know they're making a difference to each and every guest. Again, we are very pleased that you had a great say, we appreciate you lodging with us! Come back and visit!

Reviewed June 1, 2010

I had to stay at this hotel while working out of town for business. First empression was it was a nice place. Then after checking in I realized I was completely wrong. The price is great but you know that old saying you get what you pay for. 1st of all everything in this hotel is hard. The bed is a mattress on a plywood base. No box spring. You might as well be sleeping a wood floor. Next, your told your room will be cleaned every two weeks. My room only got cleaned twice while I was there. I checked in in March and stayed for 4 months. The only reason my room got cleaned those times is because my wife called and complained to the corporate office after multiple attempts of speaking witht the General Manager "Rick". We were never offered a discount for not getting my room cleaned but they are eager to charge you if you want any extra service. Finally, they couldn't keep our bill straight. We were due to pay each week on Tuesday. But most of the time we pre-paid for the upcoming week. I would come back to the hotel on a Friday and find my room is clocked out and them saying I owed again. If it weren't for my wife keeping reciepts of our payment they would have made me pay extra. We had to argue with them every week about this. Also this hotel is right up by I-10 and is poorly built. You here freeway traffic all hours of the day and night. Just as if you were standing outside by the freeway. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business