All reviews room was clean traveling with pets front desk clerk freeway microwave employees
Reviewed October 8, 2017

this is the best place ive stayed at in years.im here until Febuary 2018 and this is the motel of my choice.The front desk clerk was very professional and really helpful.my names Scott baker and I recommend this motel 6 to all my co-workers and everyone else.Come on by.....We'll leave a light on for you.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed June 8, 2016 via mobile

From what I gathered through pictures and reviews, this Motel 6 used to be La Quinta. Not sure how long ago that was but it doesn't matter because you should trust the pictures that have been uploaded from other reviewers. Especially the ones that show spiders in the corners of walls, a great deal of space at the bottom of your room door, the dingy looking carpet that majority of the rooms still have since La Quinta, the mold on the walls and the dusty AC units. I regret not taking pictures of my own during my 3 nights stay from May 31st to June 3rd as proof. My list of problems during my short stay includes; first non-smoking room we were assigned reeked of cigarette smoke and had the old La Quinta dingy carpet (moved immediately). The second non-smoking room we were assigned had mold on the bathroom walls, several flies roaming the room, a few unidentified insects, water damaged floors and floor trimmings, water bubbles formed between the drywall and layers of paint, shower tiles seemed as if a toddler was hired for the job. Our door had to be slammed so hard that our window shook to ensure that it was properly closed. Then, the battery to our room key reader died so the front desk had to physically come to our door with a machine to open it, every time we left. The key reader was not fixed until check-out. Our sink did not turn on at all during our first night. We checked-in about noon and took a long nap after our 8 hour flight. We did not notice the faucet until about 6pm. Called to the front desk and told us we would have to wait until the next day for maintenance. So we spent the evening washing our hands and brushing our teeth in the TUB!! On our check-out day, the manager was extremely rude and denied my request for a check out at 12pm due to me not being able to have transportation until then. Her response was "Check out is at 11am sharp so that our housekeepers can get in there and clean the room so it's ready for check in at 3pm." She said it with such attitude and disrespect, without making eye contact with me. I said "So I'm supposed to sit out on the curb for an hour?" Her response was, "YEP.".................... YEP! To make matters worse, I requested her name for my review and was told by other staff members they were "not authorized" to give me her name. I waited 10-15mims for the manager to get off the phone, from her office, while my cab driver continuously honked at me from outside. After many attempts to get her to AT LEAST give me a time that I could call her back or give me 15 seconds out of her phone call, she stayed in her office and let her front desk staff make excuses. When I asked what the manager's hours were. I was told, "I don't know, she makes her own schedule." WHAT?! This female manager is the worse I have ever dealt with at any hotel. She needs to be either demoted or given a mandatory Guest Services course. This location is in dire need of a major overhaul. Oh, and another thing, I left the room at 11:30am. Not one housekeeper in sight. So much for 11am SHARP.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank LeShanda B
Reviewed April 10, 2016

this was a very nice stay , clean rooms , friendly employees , we were coming from a terrible motel 6 and they were able to get us in right away, very pleasent and friendly and very helpful to us, made sure our stay was wonderful

Room tip: we were right next to pool
Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed February 4, 2016 via mobile

This place is a dump! Rooms are filthy. They are not taken care of see pictures! The rooms are filthy smell like smoke! I had to change my first room and only stayed here because I had driven 771 miles I put plastic bags on my feet to take a shower! I am so upset I'm calling corporate as soon as I'm done with this review! The pictures say it all!

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
6Team, Brand Experienced Team Member at Motel 6 Baytown - Garth Rd, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2016

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable visit and apologize for any failure in following through on that commitment during your recent stay. We strive to provide a clean, comfortable stay and are disappointed your visit was unsatisfactory due to the odor concern you describe. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed January 28, 2016

Non smoking room smelled terrible. See what air conditioner looked like in photos. Rather than comments, we recommend you just see photos and make your own decision about whether you'd want to stay in this room overnight.

Date of stay: January 2016