“Great Hampton if you want to stay away from the busy city.”

Hampton Inn Houston Baytown
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Baytown
Salt Lake City
“Great Hampton if you want to stay away from the busy city.”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The staff was very helpful, we had two rooms with our family. One room had a stinky AC unit, which was promptly replaced when I called the front desk. The breakfast staff was incredible.

Will definately stay again if in the area.

Room Tip: always ask for top floor to avoid people making noise above you. :)
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Scott D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Houston Baytown, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear LanceM40,

I wanted to first off "Thank You" for your review and let you know that we loved having you stay with us. I know from time to time things happen at our hotel and the way we respond means the world to our guest. I am happy that we accomplished that for you. My staff and I take great pride in giving exceptional guest service. We will definately see you again and if I can ever be of any assistance, please let me know.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

The hotel offers very comfortable rooms with free internet and acceptable complimentary breakfast.
The hotel is located in a a good area close to nice restaurants.
The service during my stay was very good with a friendly staff.
It is a good hotel for short work trips.

• Stayed February 2013
Scott D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Houston Baytown, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

It is always such a pleasure to read reviews such as the one you have given us. My staff and I work really hard to make each stay for each guest a memorable one. We hope to see you again soon when pass through the area. We loved having you here and thanks again for your kind words.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel several times and every time it has been wonderful. My husband and I stay here while visiting my mother. Front desk people are always very nice and they always know our names. The morning breakfast is a lot more than the usual. They also have hot breakfast food. The very nice lady in that area will help you with anything you need. The cleaning staff are always nice and will get you anything you need. As far as we see it, you cannot get a better place to call home while you are away from home visiting Baytown.

Dear Valued Guest,

One of the greatest rewards of my job is to know that you were extremely satisfied with your stay with us. We take great pleasure in serving you and making sure that we are your home away from home. We love having you stay with us. I want to say Thank You for all your kind words and want you to know that we can not wait until you visit us again.
Pensacola,Fl.
Reviewed March 30, 2013

My wife and I stayed here while passing through town, we did not have a reservation but the front desk clerk was very accommodating and pleasant. We were quickly given a room which was clean and quiet. The morning complimentary breakfast was more than just pastries and fruit, they had those items, but many more choices and the lady working the breakfast was very pleasant and helpful. If you are looking for a good, clean place this is it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Scott D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Houston Baytown, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear valued guest,

It is such a pleasure to hear that your stay was exceptional. My staff and I are pleased that we accomplished what we set out to do each and every day. We are so happy you stayed with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Houston
Reviewed March 29, 2013

i used to be spoiled when we stayed there previously.

In the past few months, there has bgeen a huge changeover in the front office staff.....i am NO longer welcomed back as a returning guest or as a Hilton Honors Member (Diamond), which they are supposed to do upon checkin.

The past staff would always put away 5+ cookies for us (since we always arrive late in the evenings). They don't do that anymore.

I was told in the past if I requested a cheese omelette to the evening staff that it could be arranged the next morning....Wrong.....I tried last Friday night letting the lady working the front desk our request -- she looked at me like she had no idea what I was talking about.

Of course, next morning when we came down for breakfast, hostess, who barely spoke English, couldn't accommdate us. They have the WORSE plain bagels there -- whoever their vendor is, they really need to change -- bad after-taste.

Pros: Great bed, great television and great shower with lots of hot water.

Dear valued guest,

I want to start off by letting you know that it is always a pleasure having you stay with us. I do know that you frequent us quite often and want to personally thank you for that. In addition, we do want to thank you for being a HHonors Diamond member. Unfortunately, as time goes on things change. While not expecting a change in the front desk staff, it sometimes happens. With change comes growth including growing pains and it sometimes takes time to teach at every opportunity. This is a great opportunity to teach our staff and we thank you for your input. We do value as a Diamond member and look forward to serving you again soon.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I enjoyed my stay here. The room was clean and cozy, the front desk was very helpful, and the complimentary breakfast was better than the hotels at the same level and price. The only thing I feel bad is the smell in the elevator.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Scott D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Houston Baytown, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I am so pleased to see that we did a Great Job in making your stay with us a memorable one. One of the greatest accomplishments of my staff is to make sure that each guest is completely satisfied while spending time at our Hampton Inn. We loved having you here and can not wait to see you again. We hope you come back soon and if I can ever assist you in any way, please let me know.

Scott D
Houston, Texas
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed in this property for four nights in February, 2013. The property is an older one, and the hallways have a bad odor to them. The bed was comfortable and the television was adequate, however the reception was poor (I believe it was because of the weather).
One major complaint that I had was the noise level. It was very noisy and at first I thought it was other guests, but after investigating I found out it was the housekeeping staff. The were in the halls laughing and carrying on from the moment they began until they ended their day. I am glad when people enjoy their job (and they did an excellent job), but they need to realize that this is a place where people sleep ... and not necessarily just at night.
The air conditioner did not work adequately (age I believe) and the electrical outlets by my bed did not work so I was unable to charge my telephone near my bed. Someone came up, but he was unable to solve either problem in the time frame that I needed.
Overall, I feel this hotel is overpriced. It is a decent place to stay, a good location, but they need to lower the price. I did participate in the breakfast, it was not as good as other Hampton Inns that I have stayed at.
The front desk staff was friendly, as was all of the staff.

Room Tip: Rooms on the side of the hotel away from the Interstate tend to be a little quieter. So higher floo...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Scott D, Manager at Hampton Inn Houston Baytown, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your most recent stay. We definately strive to be the best hotel in the area by giving our guest a nice, clean, comfortable stay each time. I do apoligize about the noise level of our housekeepers in the hallway. As you mentioned, we do believe in each employee enjoying their job. However, without any disturbance to our valued guest. We are about to go through an extensive upgrade to our hotel and hope that you will give us another chance someday and allow us to change your mind. I thank you again for your feedback as I can share it with my staff. This will allow us to provide exceptional service each and every time for you and every other guest that decides to give us a try.