“Good stay!”

Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Baytown
Texas
“Good stay!”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Stayed here for one night for business. Check in was quick and staff was friendly. Room was very clean and comfortable. Air conditioner unit was a little noisy and probably needs to be upgraded. Did not eat breakfast but breakfast area looked nice.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Scott D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Houston Baytown, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. My staff and I appreciate your input about your stay and hope that you will visit us again soon. It was our pleasure to serve you and look forward to doing it again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Arizona
Reviewed December 18, 2012

The breakfast here was better than most hampton inn's and the selection was good and they had lots of teas to choose from. Rooms were dated and our popcorn ceiling was peeling off. Our room also was close to the restaurant behind and during the night I was hearing trucks pull in and out. They also have the snack bags to go which is great when heading to the airport.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review and the input we received. My staff and I look at each review and work really hard to correct the issues if any and make it a better stay for each guest . Your comments are truly valued and we hope you will give us a chance to serve you in the future.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We booked this hotel as a precruise hotel, not wanting to say in Galveston this time, this hotel fit the bill.
Easy Check in (Hilton Honors reward stay)
Room was clean and extra towels/pillows were delivered as requested. They also delivered a 'goodie bag' of cookies, chips and juice box for 'the baby'. That was a nice touch.
Towels were available at the front desk for the pool, altho it became chilly that night, so the pool was too cold for swimming, but we still put our feet in. Laundry Soap was available at the front desk and there was a guest laundry on property.
'Sleep number' beds did not seem to be working, could not get firmness (altho this my have been operator error) ;) Still a nice nights rest.
Breakfast was actually very good, nice selecctions.
Friendly, welcoming employees.
I would not hesitate to book this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Wharton, Texas
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My wife and I plus 4 other folks stayed at this Hampton Inn the night of 9-1-2012. We were there on business and needed the use of a conference room for about 4 hours. The staff could not have been more accommodating and provided for all of our needs. The hotel was immaculately clean and fresh. The rooms were excellent. The breakfast Sunday morning in the lobby dining area was very good. I would certainly not hesitate to stay here in the future.

Room Tip: We all stayed on the third floor. It was very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Upon first check in, it appears a standard Hampton at 10pm. However the room a/c was set on heat when the temperatures in Texas are in the upper 90's. Turn on the a/c and wait nearly 2 hours for it to cool to a comfortable sleep. The room (poorsheetrock and patch jobs) could be better improved with a good contractor, however they decided to spend on the decor to hide the real issues. Perhaps the recent changes in the room can explain the cigar smell in a smoke free hotel?? The door is not flush and will not close properly, leaving a gap at the top and I can see through it. Being a woman business traveler, I expect more from the Hilton brand than this, regardless of who owns the hotel. Shame on you. Thankfully I am on to another hotel and town tomorrow with another Hampton which most likely will be what I've come to expect.

Room Tip: When making your reservation, ask the hotel to turn the a/c on.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Cathyinhouston
Houston
Reviewed August 13, 2012

My husband and I stayed on Saturday evening, 8/11. Wanted to get a head-start on our day trip to Lake Charles yesterday to celebrate his special birthday!

We have stayed at this property several times and it is very clean -- great room -- lots of plugs -- lots of hot water and wonderful shower... and loved the large HD Television!

Jamie checked us in....so friendly and helpful!

I had put on my reservation that it was my husband's birthday weekend. Jamie made up a goodie bag which was so appreciative!

I would highly recommend this property!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Texas
Reviewed August 5, 2012

My family and I stayed here for a week for an event and this was a great location! We had two adjourning rooms, with two refrigerators and we requested a microwave. Very friendly staff, very clean, comfortable beds, FREE Wifi, pretty good breakfast and plenty of places to eat close by. We've stayed in much nicer hotels and lots of Hampton Inns. Although this is one is a little older, it is very clean and a great deal on the point value. l would stay here again if ever the Baytown area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family