Days Inn Bay City
$139
Regency Inn(Bay City)
$65
  • Breakfast included
Studio 6 Bay City(Bay City)(Great Value!)
$65
Travelocity
$70
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
All reviewsfruit loopsplace to sleepsouth texasa great place to staybusinessrefrigeratorhousekeeping
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We came in for a friends wedding for the weekend as I walked into the room part of the bathroom ceiling was on the floor the room reaped with a urine smell. I was so exhausted that I just called to the front desk and told the gentleman that was working he said I can change rooms for you if you want I just told him I would the next morning. Soi woke up and got busy with wedding stuff at a different location so after the wedding was over I came back to my room and rested for a bit there was only a sheet on the bed to cover up with so I went to the front desk and just simply asked for another sheet or a blanket cause my babies were cold the lady straight up said I can't help you we don't have anything for you. I said can we move to another room she said no after I explained to her that the other gentleman told me I could change rooms this very rude lady said well they didn't tell me that so no I can't help you. This hotel is nasty the employees were rude. I travel a lot and stay in a lot of hotels mainly Holiday in express and that's where I will continue to stay at least they know how to treat the people who visit.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Pattiandjoey
Reviewed December 26, 2010

I would only stay at the hotel if ALL of the newer hotels in town were sold out. This hotel desperately needs a make-over. It started out as a decent hotel, but unfortunately it has suffered years of neglect. The rooms are musty and gloomy, and there is obviously a bug problem. The management should seriously consider a major renovation. I stayed one night, and could barely get comfortable enough to sleep. Do yourself a favor...stay someplace else.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank tripaholic06
Reviewed August 30, 2010

I booked this hotel based on reviews if there had been a better choice I would have taken it my room smelt like pinesol. A cover up for old And musty. I had a ant problem around the sink so I slept with the lights on which doesn't bode well for a good nights sleep for me . The breakfat was shoddy I didn't even attempt to eat anything but a few of my guys did said the muffins were stale. My air didn't hardly work at all had it on full blast all it really did was blow stale pinesol air around. Now the positive was that the staff was extremely nice helpful and frienldy the pool was great. It's just my room wasn't up to par. The funiture was old and it smelled. Perhaps another room would have been better. I don't know. if I had know there was a Hampton inn down the road I would have stayed there. My gps only showed this and a couple of real dives available so I felt stuck here. The people are really nice in spite of the worn out hotel it could be do much better if it were updated

• Stayed: August 2010
Reviewed June 5, 2010

I would highly recommend this place. The places is older but very clean. Service is excellent. The pool was very clean and large. At night, I was told we could swim even after closing hours providing we were quite and did not cause any trouble. Even told us we could swim all day after checkout time: What place does this! The pool is beautiful at night with colored lights. I would give this place a 10.

The beds was were very comfortable. Microwave, refrigerator, air conditioning, ect .WORKED!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 18, 2010

The Best Western in Bay City was a wonderful surprise! The rooms were very spacious and nicely furnished. We loved the sheer draperies that let light in but also kept the room private. Everything was clean and our king-size bed with the pillow-top and upscale hotel bedding, gave us a good night's rest. The front desk staff was very professional, polite and helpful. Although we didn't go swimming, the pool with multiple areas and a fountain was exceptionally pretty and nicely landscaped. This hotel is an exceptional value.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple