“Don't Even Go There”
Review of South Texas Inn

South Texas Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bay City
South Texas Inn
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Bay City
Texas
“Don't Even Go There”
Reviewed September 28, 2008

I booked the room for 2 days over the internet. The next day I got to the hotel at approximately 4 pm. When I went to check in, I was told I didn't have a reservation. I had forgotten the confirmation sheet at work, so I called and was given the confirmation number. The owner/manager (?) still would not believe me. I finally got him to give me a room after a lot of grief. When I got into the room, I noticed how tacky it was. This hotel was supposed to have been renovated in 2007. The carpet was not tacked down, the bed sagged and was very, very firm, and the room smelled.
When I tried to turn on the TV, the remote did not work, so I took it to the office. I was told they would fix it. I said I would come back in about 20 minutes to get it. About 10 minutes later there was a knock at the door and before I could get to the door, THE MANAGER OPENED THE DOOR WITH A KEY and was coming in!!! I slammed the door, then opened it a crack and asked what he needed. He had the remote. It worked about 3 times then did not work again. I did not feel safe in the room. For the remainder of my stay, I made sure a chair was in front of the door. The advertisement said it was a safe environment..............I don't think so!!!
I will say the bathroom was clean and soap was provided, but the towels were very small and scratchy!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled solo