“Extensive Breakfast Menu” 4 of 5 bubbles

Las Fuentes
Ranked #22 of 47 Restaurants in Bay City
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Wadsworth, Tx
“Extensive Breakfast Menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2011

Las Fuentes is a casual restaurant that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. I arrived for breakfast. You seat yourself in one of two rooms, the front room is has about six tables, the backroom is more capacious and had what appeared to be a full service bar (not sure, it may be just wine and beer due to the added expense of a full liquor license required by the arcane liquor laws of Texas). I sat in the backroom and one of the waitresses promptly presented a menu.
The menu is has quite a few choices of American and Tex-Mex breakfasts. The Barbacoa tempted me, but I chose the Chorizo and eggs instead.
The coffee was served with three of those little chilled plastic containers of coffee creamer. If I use an emulsifier in my coffee, I prefer a diary product. The coffee was weak by New Orleans standards, but just right by Texan standards. I enjoyed this coffee black. The wait staff ensured I had all the coffee I desired.
My waitress presented the breakfast in short order. The plate contained chorizo mixed in with scrambled eggs, hash browns and refried beans. There was a side of soupy, spicy salsa and a container of two perfectly pan-seared flour tortillas.
The scrabbled-egg, chorizo dish was delicious; the crunch of the hash browns provided a nice textural contrast and the refried beans were, well, refried beans. I am not really into tortillas, but these tortillas were so perfectly prepared that they added to the breakfast.
You need to pay on the way out, so do not wait for the waitress to deliver your check. Cash or credit is accepted. The cost of this meal? $6 plus tip. That is a deal and I’m going back to try the Barbacoa and a few other choices on their extensive menu.

• Visited June 2011