“Amazing Service!”

La Casona
Ranked #5 of 49 Restaurants in Bay City
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The service at this Mexican restaurant is amazing, but the food not so much! I've eaten there a number of times with friends and have yet to find something I love. The servers are very attentive but the food just so-so.

There are newer reviews for La Casona

Reviewed March 8, 2013

When I lived in Bay City for a few months, I ate at the La Casona bar two or three times a week. I always found the staff to be energetic and anxious to please. The Mexican food was consistently good. I enjoyed the beer selection and the ease at which I could be seated.

In Bay City, you will have the choice of about 6 Mexican restaurants and probaby 5 taco stands. For the best overall experience, avoid Taco Bell and try La Casona.

3  Thank AmigodelNorte
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Me and my family eat at la casona all the time because of the great service and politeness of the staff,BUT,last night,Feb.1st,2013,we had ordered takeout and when we got home with it(straight home) and got ready to eat,my wifes enchiladas was so hard she had to cut it with a knife and my nachos supreme looked like it was,well to put it bluntly,it looked as though it was more fit for a dog by the way it was just thrown together,i mean,the chips came in a seperate bag and the beef,cheese and whatever else was in there looked pretty disgusting.When my wife called to complain,in a very nice way,the manager,if he was the manager,all he could say is,oh well,OH WELL,really,and not just once but twice.My wife did not ask for compensation of any sort,just wanted to let it be known and all she gets is OH WELL.Personally i think the OWNER of this restaurant should either,1) fire the mgr or 2) send the manager to school to learn how to relate with the public.

4  Thank Tommy M
Reviewed January 5, 2013

After trying out a couple of other Mexican restaurants around town, we finally went and tried La Casona and our biggest mistake was not going here first. It is hands down way above the rest here in Bay City. The salsa was good, it was interesting because they serve it warm which my husband said he liked, I would have preferred it cold but it was still good. His Taco Salad was huge and he said he liked it a lot. My burrito was very good, and the atmosphere was great! The waiter was good but we did have a little bit of a hard time understanding each other, but he gave us good service and they made sure our drinks were filled promptly which is a big plus in my book. It's a shame we're leaving this area soon, I really wish we would have tried this restaurant sooner.

3  Thank ilovesilverton
Reviewed August 8, 2012

This is a great resturant. The prices are good. The portions are huge. And the food is wonderful. The service is great.

2  Thank Kelli C