“Felt right at home”

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Bay City
San Antonio, United States
“Felt right at home”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We came for a funeral and the staff was very helpful. the room was big and felt like home. Any time we head to Bay City, we use this Hampton Inn. It is on the main street which makes it accessible to food and entertainmant.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Victor R, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Bay City, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to fill out our survey. I'm that our staff was able to make you feel welcome here during what is always a tough time. We strive to make our guests feel like they're a member of our family and I'm glad you and your family felt that. We hope that you'll choose to stay with us whenever you travel to the Bay City area. Have a fantastic week Mr. Wallace!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Timonium, Maryland
Reviewed October 18, 2013

The staff was so efficient and friendly in every way which made our stay very pleasant. The rooms and service areas were bright and extremely clean and well kept. Would definitely recommend this hotel. And dealing directly with the Front Desk personnel and Event Coordinator rather than a "800" national number was rewarding. The personal touch will be remembered.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out a TripAdvisor survey for us. We're exceptionally glad that you enjoyed your stay here with us. We strive to make our guests feel at home when they stay here. I agree that there's always something nice about that personal touch and actually speaking to a real live person as opposed to a machine or someone over the phone. I hope you'll continue to stay with us when you travel to Bay City! Have a fantastic week!
United States
Reviewed September 25, 2013

The rooms were very nice size, the ability to control the temperature was great. If I had to complain, it would be humidity control. The staff was extremely helpful and bent over backward to meet all of our needs. We were greeted cheerfully every time we came in and told to have a nice day when we were leaving. It was one of the most pleasant stays we have had in a long time. I loved the beds. Fabulously comfortable and I loved having an extra blanket in the room.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Victor R, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Bay City, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you so much for filling out a Trip Advisor review for us! We're glad that you enjoyed your stay here with us! Our staff works hard to make sure that every guest who stays with us feels like family and I'm glad that you felt that. Hampton beds are constantly ranked as the top in the hotel industry. We are always getting compliments from guests about how wonderful our beds are! Again, we're glad you enjoyed your stay and hope that we see you again. Have a great week!

Thanks!
Victor Rutledge
Iola, United States
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Great place to stay if you are planning on fishing in the Sargent, Texas area. Only 25 miles to the Texas Intercoastal Waterway. Great place to stay due to the hotel's location in Bay City. Nearby resturants, fuel stations, discount stores, and food chains are easily accessed.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thanks for filling out the Trip Advisor survey for us. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay here! We loved having you stay here. Having the bay so close makes our hotel a great place for people coming to fish and we are located in a great spot to access a lot of places in town without having to drive too far. I hope you have a fantastic week and can't wait to see you the next time you come to Bay City!

Thanks!
Victor Rutledge
Huntington, United States
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Great hotel chain. Hotel looked/felt new. Everything clean and spotless. Good front desk staff. I will definitely stay at this hotel again. . Having said this, the hotel had a fairly healthy check-In problem. Their records on me were wrong and after fixing on check-in, remained for check-out. Further, my business contact told me that this occured often. So, management must be napping.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Victor R, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Bay City, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to fill out our survey. I'm sorry that you had a bad experience with check-in/check-out. I ensure you that despite what may have been said, that is not the way things usually operate.
While OXEA does have a corporate rate with us, they do not have a direct bill set up with us. What they did do is send a Credit Card authorization form over to us. The day you checked in, we had a new employee working the desk and she overlooked the CC Authorization form. We talked to her about it and she now understands how important that is and where to find those forms. I apologize for that slip. That is also what caused the problem when you went to check out, as Lindsay had explained to you. I talked to Lindsay and she informed me that she offered to contact OXEA to figure everything out so that you wouldn't have to wait around.
I know that your company sent an email to our General Manager over the weekend but due to her not being in the office on the weekend, the email wasn't seen until Monday. We've asked the company to start faxing us those forms especially on the weekend to ensure a speedy check-in with no problems.
I'm sorry that you believe that our hotel has problems due to this situation. I do want you to know that we have attempted to resolve the problems that you encountered as best as we can on our end. I'm glad that you would stay with us again. I'd love the chance to show you that what you encountered wasn't normal. I hope you have a fantastic week.

-Victor Rutledge
Bay City, TX, United States
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Nice, clean. Location near coast. Breakfast is complimentary, but egg dishes are all frozen and zapped in a microwave. Luckily, it's across street from Ricardo's with excellent Tex-Mex at an affordable price. Can also recommend Fat Grass--although pricey it was one of the best meals I have ever had: Tuna cooked to perfection with an excellent salsa.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to fill out our survey! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay here with us. With our complimentary breakfast, we do serve hot items that change each day. Those hot items are all cooked in an oven each morning before being served. I'm glad you enjoyed Ricardo's and Fat Grass. They are two of our favorites as well! We hope to see you again the next time you come to Bay City! Have a great weekend!
Lago Vista, Texas
Reviewed September 5, 2013

The Hampton Inn in Bay City, TX. was a very pleasant surprise indeed. We received legendary Texas Hospitality in the form of one employee by the name of Victor. He provided shuttle service and acted as our concierge during our stay. His attitude and helpfulness is reminiscent of the type of service you would expect at the W Hotels. Our highest recommendation for this Hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Victor R, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Bay City, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
DougSunHi,
Thanks for taking the time to fill out this TripAdvisor review for us! I'm glad you and your group had such a great time. We enjoyed having you all here and can't wait to see you again next year. Please let everyone know how much fun we had! Thanks for giving us the chance to get to know all of you!

Have a great week!