“FAMILY FISHING TRIP TO SARGENT”

Hampton Inn & Suites Bay City
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Bay City
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Great place to stay if you are planning on fishing in the Sargent, Texas area. Only 25 miles to the Texas Intercoastal Waterway. Great place to stay due to the hotel's location in Bay City. Nearby resturants, fuel stations, discount stores, and food chains are easily accessed.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Victor R, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Bay City, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Thanks for filling out the Trip Advisor survey for us. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay here! We loved having you stay here. Having the bay so close makes our hotel a great place for people coming to fish and we are located in a great spot to access a lot of places in town without having to drive too far. I hope you have a fantastic week and can't wait to see you the next time you come to Bay City!

Thanks!
Victor Rutledge

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Great hotel chain. Hotel looked/felt new. Everything clean and spotless. Good front desk staff. I will definitely stay at this hotel again. . Having said this, the hotel had a fairly healthy check-In problem. Their records on me were wrong and after fixing on check-in, remained for check-out. Further, my business contact told me that this occured often. So, management must be napping.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Victor R, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Bay City, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to fill out our survey. I'm sorry that you had a bad experience with check-in/check-out. I ensure you that despite what may have been said, that is not the way things usually operate.
While OXEA does have a corporate rate with us, they do not have a direct bill set up with us. What they did do is send a Credit Card authorization form over to us. The day you checked in, we had a new employee working the desk and she overlooked the CC Authorization form. We talked to her about it and she now understands how important that is and where to find those forms. I apologize for that slip. That is also what caused the problem when you went to check out, as Lindsay had explained to you. I talked to Lindsay and she informed me that she offered to contact OXEA to figure everything out so that you wouldn't have to wait around.
I know that your company sent an email to our General Manager over the weekend but due to her not being in the office on the weekend, the email wasn't seen until Monday. We've asked the company to start faxing us those forms especially on the weekend to ensure a speedy check-in with no problems.
I'm sorry that you believe that our hotel has problems due to this situation. I do want you to know that we have attempted to resolve the problems that you encountered as best as we can on our end. I'm glad that you would stay with us again. I'd love the chance to show you that what you encountered wasn't normal. I hope you have a fantastic week.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Nice, clean. Location near coast. Breakfast is complimentary, but egg dishes are all frozen and zapped in a microwave. Luckily, it's across street from Ricardo's with excellent Tex-Mex at an affordable price. Can also recommend Fat Grass--although pricey it was one of the best meals I have ever had: Tuna cooked to perfection with an excellent salsa.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to fill out our survey! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay here with us. With our complimentary breakfast, we do serve hot items that change each day. Those hot items are all cooked in an oven each morning before being served. I'm glad you enjoyed Ricardo's and Fat Grass. They are two of our favorites as well! We hope to see you again the next time you come to Bay City! Have a great weekend!

Reviewed September 5, 2013

The Hampton Inn in Bay City, TX. was a very pleasant surprise indeed. We received legendary Texas Hospitality in the form of one employee by the name of Victor. He provided shuttle service and acted as our concierge during our stay. His attitude and helpfulness is reminiscent of the type of service you would expect at the W Hotels. Our highest recommendation for this Hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Victor R, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Bay City, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2013

DougSunHi,
Thanks for taking the time to fill out this TripAdvisor review for us! I'm glad you and your group had such a great time. We enjoyed having you all here and can't wait to see you again next year. Please let everyone know how much fun we had! Thanks for giving us the chance to get to know all of you!

Have a great week!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Quality hotel and quality service. The accomodations were above average for suites in this price range. This was one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed at and would highly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Victor R, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Bay City, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear Eldon T,
Thank your for filling out our survey! I'm glad that you had such a good time with us! We loved having you and I hope that you continue to choose us as your home away from home when you're in the Bay City area!

Have a great week!

Reviewed August 22, 2013

This was a great experience, we stay at the Hampton in Bay City, Texas. The hotel staff was very helpful with directions to the beach and knowledge of the restaurants and entertainment in the area. I would recommend Hampton Inn, Bay City to any traveling in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Victor R, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Bay City, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2013

Paula M,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us such an excellent review on TripAdvisor. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We loved having you and we hope to see you again when you travel through Bay City!

Reviewed August 7, 2013

The hotel was modern and appeasing. The vaulted ceiling in the lounge/dining room was amazing and the dark furnishings and deep reds gave it a chic urban feel. After a long day of travel, it was a pleasure to be greeted by cold beverages at the manager's reception. Although the front desk was busy, check-in was fast. The room was extraordinary with a nicely lit vanity and wet bar at the entrance and a stately floor to ceiling desk unit which acts as a divider between the bedroom and the living area. The bed was extremely comfortable and the little notes left by the cleaning staff about the bedding being freshly cleaned is always reassuring. The offerings for breakfast were extensive, but I settled on oatmeal which slivered almonds and dried cranberries with fried potatoes. The only drawback was that my room did not have HBO although the amenties directory listed it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Victor R, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Bay City, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Halfspeed Travel,
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you while you stayed with us. I'm glad you enjoyed our Manager's Reception, which runs Monday through Wednesday each week from 5:30-8. Thank you for your compliments on the room itself. Hampton beds are constantly ranked as the best in the hotel industry and everyone loves them! I'm also glad that you found our staff to be excellent. We really do strive to make our guests happy.

I apologize that you weren't able to access HBO. The channel for it has recently changed and we haven't been able to get the card renewed with the updated channel. If you call down to the front desk, we'll have that channel number ready for you! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review!

Again, thank you for choosing to stay with us while you traveled. We hope to see you again soon!

Thanks!