“They screwed us”

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Bay City
Chelsea, Alabama
“They screwed us”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We booked rooms for four people the week of 2-4-2013 back in late December 2012. On the Thursday before our trip (check in Sunday) I get a simple email from the hotel manager stating " due to an issue at a local facility our reservations are canceled" What good is confirmed reservations they make you give them a credit card and they bill you if you don't show but they don't honor the reservation. I called the manager and she was very rude. I wouldn't stay here if its the last hotel on earth. I am a regular customer ( I travel 15 weeks a year in hotels) of theHampton Inn. They have lost my loyalty. They didn't even offer us a discount at the other Hampton a half hour away. We ended up having to stay 1 hour from the job instead of 20 minutes. And did I mention she was RUDE"

Room Tip: Stay at the LaQuinta next door.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Len C
TitanHotels, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Bay City, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Hampton Inn & Suites. We apologize that we were unable to accommodate your reservation due to an emergency at the Nuclear Power Facility in our area. We have a high rate of customer satisfaction however sometimes we fall short of our goal. We would like to offer you a complimentary night stay at our facility the next time you are in town.

M. Clegg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Falfurrias, Texas
Reviewed January 26, 2013

My company booked us rooms at the hampton. I was surprised to see how affordable the accommodations were and how much service you get for your money. The free breakfast and laundry service are a big plus for me as a traveler. I usually have to take time out of my sleeping to do my laundry since I work nights but having the laundry service helps alot. The front desk staff is always so nice and helpful and they always have a smile on their face. It is great to come in from a long nights work to be greated with such a beautiful smile. The front desk staff has gone above and beyond to be accommodating and I am greatful for that. It's not so hard to be away from home with great staff like this hotel. I will defanitly stay here every time I come back to Bay City.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
TitanHotels, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Bay City, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to recognize the Hampton Inn & Suites. We are pleased that you enjoyed our amenities as well as our On the House Hot Breakfast. It is a nice feature for our guests to have the option of laundry services. We loved having you here and look forward to your next visit!

Happy Traveling,
Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed January 25, 2013

We recently held my daughter's wedding at the Hampton Inn in Bay City. The staff was absolutely amazing! Every time we walked into the Inn every staff member greeted us with hello and a very genuine friendly smile and conversation. We were told we could come in the day before the wedding to decorate without having to ask. We were also told the bride and her attendants could enter their suite first thing in the morning the day of the wedding instead of a usual "check-in time". This was perfect. The bride hadn't seen her attendants in person in a long time and everyone was from out of town. This gave the girls time to relax and catch up. We planned this wedding in three days (her grandfather is ill and was to give her away) and the bride and groom decided to have the wedding while we were visiting from Canada for two weeks over Christmas. The entire time we were doing the preparations the staff constantly asked if we needed anything. We were treated like Kings and Queens in the small town of Bay City. My brother is a resident in Bay City and manages a business there. This Inn has gained business just by being nice and going above and beyond for their customers. Thank you for wonderful memories that will last a lifetime.

Room Tip: The room was beautiful and very clean. The bed was the best bed every slept on. Amazing comfort.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank aphoggiemom
TitanHotels, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Bay City, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review The Hampton Inn & Suites in Bay City, TX. We are pleased to hear that everyone enjoyed our facilities while at the event. We loved having you here with us and look forward to your next visit!

M.Clegg
Cookeville
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Made reservations for a crew of 4-5 guys for 3 double rooms and they messed up the reservations and had us for 3 single rooms. THey were sold out by the time we found out so some of the guys had to sleep on pull out beds. Megan, the manager was very rude and didn't even offer to make it right. Tried to lie and say that she told us they were singles when the reservations were made. Like we would make single room reservations for 4-5 guys...... You would think she could at least own up to her mistakes and try to make it right. I think they are supposed to have a 100% satisfaction garauntee... no.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank H J
TitanHotels, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Bay City, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Hampton inn & Suites in Bay City. We apologize for the mistake made in your room assignments while you stayed at our facility. We were at capacity during your stay and did not have availability for the requested room type. We would love for you to come give us another chance and enjoy a complimentary upgrade on us! We loved having you here and wish you Happy Traveling.

texas
Reviewed January 2, 2013

The place was clean and smelled good. The beer, wine, and water was out at night , they could have hot cookies, something else for children and people who do not drink. The breakfast bar was ok, nothing special to write home about. The walls seem paper thin.

Room Tip: Close to an elevator.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
TitanHotels, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Bay City, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Hampton Inn & Suites. We hold our Manager's Reception each Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 5:30-8:30pm. We do offer a selection of wine, beer and water. If there is a different beverage that you wish we have our Suite Shop located on the first floor and our Front Desk staff is more than happy to provide you with a complimentary beverage of your choice. We also apologize for the noise level associated with your guest room located off of the elevator area. We will be more than happy to offer a room in an area without high traffic. We loved having you here and wish you Happy Traveling!
M.Clegg
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Decided to revisit Bay City and Matagorda for first time in 5 years. Loaded the family up on a whim and drove down to spend a week. Got there about 7 PM and walked in while my family waited in the vehicle. 2 oilfield workers were ahead of me in line. After standing there for 5 minutes, 4 more oilfield workers walk in and next to the guys ahead of me. After 5 more minutes of checking in the first two, he starts checking in the rest of the oil workers that walked in after me. Just rude. I've got a wife and two kids tired of being in a vehicle and this is the treatment I got. He saw I had been standing there for over 10 minutes patiently. Didn't once acknowledge the fact. I guess my money isn't as good as the oil companys. This Marine Vet took my business across the street to comfort suites. Spent the next 8 days doing family time where my business was appreciated!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank txredneckcop
TitanHotels, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Bay City, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for your feedback of the Hampton Inn & Suites in Bay City. I cannot express how sorry that I am for the staff courtesy issue that you experienced while at our facility. This is unacceptable customer service and is inexcusable behavior of our team members. I will take these concerns seriously and coach our staff to ensure these mistakes do not occur in the future. I appreciate you bringing these issues to my attention and assisting us in our stride to excellent customer service. I would personally like to extend a complimentary weekend getaway for you and your family the next time you visit the area. I hope that you will give us another chance and accept our deepest apologizes. Please feel free to get in touch with myself when you wish to redeem your complimentary family weekend getaway.
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Enjoyed my extended stay here for business. We were there for outage support at the local nuclear plant, (South Texas Project). Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday they had beer and wine set out with food in the early evening which was nice to get back to after a 12 hour shift. The breakfast bar was also open early in the morning so I could leave at 6:00 a.m. and still get some coffee and sustenance before. Staff was friendly and helpful and had a good weekly system for billing via e-mail on a weekly basis which made filing expense reports easy. They made a long 6 day 72 hour work week seem like less of a hassle.

Room Tip: The suite rooms on the 4th floor facing away from 7th avenue are nicest.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank strider59
TitanHotels, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Bay City, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to recognize the Hampton Inn & Suites Bay City. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us while here on business. The Manager’s Reception with complimentary beer, wine and appetizers is a great way to end a long day. We loved having you here and look forward to your next visit.