“I do not dislike this restaurant”

Texas Grill Number Two
Ranked #43 of 104 Restaurants in Bastrop
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“I do not dislike this restaurant”
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Every time I have eaten here the food is decent. I can't think of a time that I didn't like the food. No complaints.

Bryan, Texas
“Decent”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I usually stop here for a break while driving to Austin from Brazos County. I enjoy their hamburger steak a lot. The service is hit or miss and it is outdated, but it reminds me of many a road side cafe that we stopped at when I was a kid.

It's got a convenient location and although it isn't fancy, you get lots of food. I almost always have the hamburger steak so I can't comment on the other dishes.

• Visited December 2012
Cedar Creek, Texas
“Wow - Good Reviews?”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Anybody that gives Texas Grill a high rating is either employed there and can't find work anywhere else or they own it; or they've never been to a decent restaurant. My last time there was indeed my last time there. The one star reviews on here are dead on - it was the last place in town where the waitresses stopped smoking as they served your food. On the plus side, at 2 AM you can get eggs and bacon - but be very careful about eating them.....

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank John H
Rosanky, Texas
“Old and Run Down”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

This place needs a renovation. I understand it is up for sale. I doubt that it will find a buyer. The cheap table cloths don't get cleaned very well after they are used. When you reach over to pull out the chair you may find it sticky. They never clean the place well. Early mornings sometimes the cooks just don't make it in leaving the wait staff to go and cook. The breakfast is never consistent.

Visited October 2012
Austin, Texas
“Ignored twice - 2 visits”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I stopped there about a year ago, door open, lights off, looked around, finally a human appeared and told me they were closed, not serving currently. No explanation ! No, please come again !

Went there again today, Sunday, for breakfast. Walked in - absolutely NO response from any humans - .sign said be seated, however no menus in that section. Went up to register where a 'chic' had head down reading something. NO response. I asked for a menu and she very lazily said they are down there on counter. She walked slowly into grill part of restaurant, picked up a menu, gave it to me. NO response, NO welcome.

I sat down in the 'unwelcome' appearing restaurant section, no employees present. I stood there until finally a nice waitress came toward me, welcomed me, got my water, menu etc.

In the meantime over the next 30 minutes, the obviously overpaid 'chic' at the registered 'conferred several times with the 'dishwasher' behind the corner away from the cash registered. Then the 'chic' and the 'dishwasher' disappeared outside for 20 minutes or so. She came back in, wandered around. No hellos, obviously needs to be elsewhere rather than at this restaurant.

Done, No more visits to this place !

• Visited July 2012

Been to Texas Grill Number Two? Share your experiences!