“Horrible food and bad service, keep driving....”

Texas Grill Number Two
Ranked #43 of 105 Restaurants in Bastrop
Houston, Texas
“Horrible food and bad service, keep driving....”
Reviewed January 8, 2012

We stopped in this place on a road trip based on seeing a billboard. I asked the server what was good and she recommended the chicken fried steak, which we both ordered. In fairness the salad was nice, fresh and crisp. The chicken fried steak was terrible. The batter had a nice taste and was crisp, but the "steak" inside was tougher than an old shoe and tasted if it had been boiled then stored in the freezer for 3 years. I can honestly say I have never had a chicken fried steak that bad, even outside Texas. While trying to eat this we had the joy of listening to the waitresses discuss their personal lives amongst themselves while our drinks went unfilled. On the way out of town we passed a bbq shack that smelled much better. Next time we will try that.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank Pris_12

Little Rock, Arkansas
“Ahhhh The Smell of bacon frying in the pan”
Reviewed September 8, 2011

Texas Grill, A resturant that has been serving Bastrop Texas and the surrounding areas for decades. One of the very first Resturants opened in Bastrop. The staff friendly.
While driving down hwy 71 awwww the smell of bacon frying in the pan.
They can cook over easy. scrambled as well as poached
. A place to relax, catch up on gossip.
This is like visiting your Grandmothers Kitchen!

For a down Home taste of Texas Stop in for breakfast
You will see what I mean . God bless Bastrop County!

• Visited July 2011
Giddings, tx
“Great Breakfast”
Reviewed October 18, 2009

We stopped for breakfast the other day, and I thought it was the best breakfast I have had in a long time. I had one pancake, which was very big. It had a wonderful flavor. The eggs, hash browns, and bacon were perfect. We have stopped for breakfast at other places and did not care for the food. This place was different. The only problem was our waitress who must be suffering from Alzheimer’s. She had great difficulty with filling up cups of coffee. I recommend this place for breakfast.

Texas
“Stae of Texas should SUE this Place”
Reviewed August 18, 2008

Been driving by this restaurant for years and we decided to try it. The chicken fried steak HORRIBLE. The seafood platter what a JOKE burnt catfish, two pieces each shrimp and oysters. The chicken fried steak very tough and cold. How can this place stay in business. It was ( is ) a crappy place and horrible food. AVOID at all cost...Go to Jack in Box at least it's way better than the Texas Grill..The state of Texas should sue this place for using their name.

2 Thank AcePeter
La Grange, Texas
“Enormous disappointment”
Reviewed June 23, 2008

We drive through Bastrop often, and on one fine evening four years ago we stopped for dinner at Texas Grill. We were very hungry. We had high hopes. My wife ordered beef enchiladas. I ordered chicken fried steak. My wife still talks about those enchiladas, and how she remains certain that they were made from dog food. I remember that I ate my chicken fried "steak", but what animal it was from -- I'm not sure. Needless to say, we did not get a "to go" box when offered by our waitress.

3 Thank QuonsetKitty

Been to Texas Grill Number Two? Share your experiences!