“Once was good, but now is horrible.”

The Coffee Dog Roastery & Coffee House
Ranked #1 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Bastrop
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Bastrop, TX
“Once was good, but now is horrible.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2009

Coffee Dog was the first coffee shop to open with a full menu and I enjoyed going there for the first two years, but after some staff changes the place has really gone down hill.

All the espresso based drinks taste horrid, they try to compensate by putting lots of syrup so if you plan on getting just a plain "Cafe Latte" don't bother. The regular coffee sits around all day and, like a previous reviewer posted, taste like tar.

The baked goods were amazing when a young blonde girl worked there, after she disappeared everything was either undercooked, raw or burnt and not to mention half the size for the same price!

I once tried to address my concerns, but the manager didn't seem to care and when I finally got hold of the owner he was rude and snappy. They wont ever get another dollar from me, I wouldn't even go there for free.

Save yourself, go to Starbucks.

1 Thank Mugad

Bastrop, TX
“My favorite coffee”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2008

I love their coffee. Everyone that work's there are really nice and the customer service is splended. Christine and Sue remember my order and have my coffee ready as I come thru the drive thru just about every day.

Texas
“It's Great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2008

Fast friendly service, who remember my favorite order every time I go there. Coffee tastes so much better then that other famous franchise coffee shop in Bastrop. Coffee cake is to die for!