“Small Towns Offer Memorable Experiences”

The Coffee Dog Roastery & Coffee House
Ranked #1 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Bastrop
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed February 13, 2012

I LOVE "The Coffee Dog"......it is truly the most warm and inviting place that our little town offers. It is locally owned and operated by two of the nicest people you will ever meet. The cheerful atmosphere is a great place for your morning coffee or that afternoon Latte that we all seem to need. Just the right amount of natural light flows through the building which is great for study or leisure reading. I have eaten lunch there several times and the chicken salad is always gorgeous and taste wonderful! The sandwiches are "over the top" delicious!! I feel like that I am eating fresh food, wholesome ingredients, and quite a bit of love went into the preparation. My husband and I love something sweet after dinner and the Coffee Cake is perfect! You have to try it with the Honduras Sunrise Blend....you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank Athena B

Reviewed February 9, 2012

On the recommendation of a friend, I stopped into Coffee Dog while I was in Bastrop on business. I needed to grab a quick bite to eat and wasn't looking for anything fancy or "sit-down" like. Coffee Dog is a cool local place with a good little menu (sandwiches/salads). It also has free wifi, which was nice. If you're looking for an alternative to a "chain" restaurant/coffee place, check it out.

Reviewed January 19, 2012

Like their coffee much better than, well, the rival chain we all know. Haven't tried their sandwiches etc. yet, but if they're as good as the coffee, they'll be great!

Reviewed October 22, 2011

Coffee Dog offers 1/2 price frapps mon through fri 4 to 6 PM and it makes it worthgoing there.... The peanut butter cake is the only one I've tasted and it was wonderful! The frapps are a little on the sweet side.... But very friendly staff and all around nice place

Reviewed October 22, 2011

I don't often go to coffee houses, because I rarely have occasion to. I used to go to Coffee Dog on my way to Austin for the day because their pastries were to die for. They had a cheese Danish and a coffee cake that I would always order, and they tasted like they had just come out of the oven. I never had their coffee as I would have my own with me.
A while back, Coffee Dog relocated to Bastrop proper, on the road leading from Hwy 71 into downtown. I had jury duty one day, so I stopped there on my way to court. I got my regular two items. I did not finish either of them. They were inedible; stale, dry and totally lacking in flavor. I will never go back again.
On the bright side, I got to talking to a guy there, and he turned out to be the very judge in whose courtroom I was heading. He informed me the case had been settled out of court, and that I need not show up. So all was not lost; just my money and my love their pastries.