“Great view, Great beer”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bastrop Brewhouse - CLOSED

Bastrop Brewhouse
Cuisines: American, Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
San Antonio, Texas
“Great view, Great beer”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Stopped here on the 4th of July as a mini tour of central Texas. What a wonderful atmosphere right off the river. Then I had the beer. Wow, they had a great honey brown ale, and then I asked if they had any stouts, then they brought out some great seasonal beers. It was great, and the food was outstanding. Get the green chili cheese fries and I had a full rack of ribs glazed with the honey beer. It was to die for. So much food. My wife and I shared the rack and we still only ate half. Go now, eat and be merry.

• Visited July 2013

Pflugerville, Texas, United States
“Great Local Food”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My family and I decided to give this restaurant a try after tubing in the Colorado River. The food and atmosphere were excellent. They feature local food and spirits, and offered an excellent overlook of the river. The food was pricier than the normal "chain" restaurant, but the quality definitely made up for the price!

Visited July 2013
“Great view of the Colorado river!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

They have a great selection of area brews and they have a few options that they brew. The atmosphere is the best in town. They have recently made some good changes to their menu. The Reuben egg rolls are good. Would also recommend the fish tacos.

• Visited July 2013
Austin TX area
“Terrific location”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I like the Brewhouse. The cuisine in the listing says British, but I wouldn't say that. Yes, they serve fish and chips, but so much more. Try the Pastrami Reuben egg rolls, or one of their huge burgers. I'm not much of a beer drinker, but the atmosphere of the Brewhouse lends itself to having at least one of their home crafted brews while I'm there.
Dining outdoors, overlooking the Colorado, good service, good food (a tiny bit pricey), and a laid back atmosphere makes this a favorite with me.
If you're into the music scene, there is usually live music on weekends. That tends to draw crowds and makes waiting time long, so I prefer to visit during the week and especially for lunch.
I hope they cover the part of the patio that is uncovered. It is way too hot in central Texas to be sitting out there without benefit of shade. A few of those sail type covers would be great.

• Visited June 2013
“Ok, but would have tried another place!”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Great service, cute building, ok food , ok beer! Stopped on the way to Lost Pines, my husband is a beer snob so the beer part may be better than normal but I wasn't impressed with the food.

• Visited June 2013