“An Excellent Meal or Two and Kid Friendly”
Review of Cedar's Grill

Cedar's Grill
Ranked #9 of 107 Restaurants in Bastrop
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Looking for Mediterranean or Italian cuisine, then this is the place for you. The Fattoush Salad, Tomato Parmesan salad dressing, Tomato Florentine Soup, Lentil and Lemon Soup, Kafta, Chicken Sophia and Pasta Primavera with Chicken are my favs. They offer a lunch and dinner menu. Both are very similar with slight differences. They offer an excellent Kids Menu. Their portions are generous.

There are newer reviews for Cedar's Grill

Reviewed April 5, 2013

I've been here by myself, I've been here with friends, I've been sad when I discovered (too late!) they are not open on Monday. Every entree has been awesome, from the lamb and okra stew, to the crawfish chowder, to the Tortellini a la cream. And if you like garlic (I mean, REALLY LIKE garlic) - have the Death by Garlic. I order it with extra garlic. Muahahaha. Friendly service and they always kept my iced tea from going dry. I've had dessert once, and it was okay.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Food is consistently excellent. We eat at Cedar's at least twice a month and have never been dissapointed. Nice variety of food. Good selection of wine. The tiarimisu is to die for! The owners are always there. If I had any complaint, it would be the atmosphere....it isn't bad, but if the decor was updated, this place would be perfect!

Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Nice place and food rocks! I haven't ever had a bad meal at Cedars Mediterranean Restaurant. Some of the meals are irresistible!!!

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Given the TA reviews, we stopped in for a light dinner last Saturday. The specials looked great (Spinach Ravioli and Lamb Kofta) but, unfortunately, we didn't have a big appetite due to our large lunch!

I had a glass of the Malbec and Deb had the Pinot Grigio. The wines were reasonably priced and both were good pours in good sized glasses.
I started with a bowl of their Creamy Crawfish Chowder...Oh! My..it was really, REALLY good, with lots of crawfish and very nicely spiced. I had that together with a bowl of the home made Tabbouleh on the side. Both items were fresh and tasty. Deb had the Greek Salad which was very fresh and loaded with Feta. We waited for the salads, which is always a good thing!!

Well, the food was so good that we asked our waitress, Vicki, about the desserts. She said their home made specialities were the Baklava and Bread Pudding. We ordered one of each and were not disappointed. The Baklava was excellent, with no excessive sweetness and the Bread Pudding was (and I usually don't use this expression) "to die for". It was one of the best I have eaten in a long time.....

Do not let appearances fool you, this is a really good little restaurant with great service.

Been to Cedar's Grill? Share your experiences!