“We're Regulars”

Le Roux
Description: Phone: 512-321-5858
Description: Phone: 512-321-5858
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Going into Bastrop. There are several places that are good--Roadhouse, Hasler's, Maxines, but LeRoux is the only one I'd rate extraordinary. Whatever you get, and we've tried them all, is great. Crawfish trio is my husband's favorite. Mine is seafood enchiladas, although it's all Cajun. Javier reached another level when he got this brick wall establishment on the main street. Lunch, dinner--either and the wine servings are generous. Give it a try.

There are newer reviews for Le Roux

Reviewed October 18, 2012

The crawfish etoufee was so salty I almost couldn't eat it. The service was so inattentive that I almost walked out without paying because no one would come pick up the check and my credit card. WOW. No wonder when I passed by the other day they were no longer there.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

We were lead here by the local- find option on google maps. We really enjoyed our meal. It was a Wednesday afternoon so we were almost the only people there. I liked it though because we were able to sit next to the window plus we had our two little ones so it made it extra peaceful. The service was friendly and accomodating. The menu had a lot of choices which was great. I ordered the grilled Mahi and my husband ordered a lunch special which included 3 items. It was all very good, maybe a bit too salty, but delicious.
This location is in the main-street area so there are some boutique stores to visit while you are stopped. We stopped in several stores and purchased gifts. Free parking too!

Reviewed July 16, 2012

A friend and I were in Bastrop for lunch on a recent Monday afternoon. When we arrived at our planned lunch destination, we discovered that the restaurant was closed on Monday. Looking around, we spotted a Cajun joint across the street named Le Roux. The place was nearly empty and looked kind of interesting, so we decided to give it a try.

I must say that I was amazed to find such good Cajun food in the middle of Central Texas. I had the Deluxe Plate to get a sampling of everything. The shrimp tasted fresh off the boat and the Etouffee with best I've ever had. My companion had the Le Roux Lunch Plate that included a seafood enchilada that was spectaular. The dirty rice was not overly spiced (a complaint I often have), but if you like it spicier, there was hot sauce on each table.

A meal at lunch runs $10-15. I liked the place well enough to pick up a to-go menu so I would remember to write a review - it was THAT good.