“The Etouffee was amazing!”
Review of Le Roux - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Le Roux
Description: Phone: 512-321-5858
Description: Phone: 512-321-5858
Austin, Texas, United States
“The Etouffee was amazing!”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

A friend and I were in Bastrop for lunch on a recent Monday afternoon. When we arrived at our planned lunch destination, we discovered that the restaurant was closed on Monday. Looking around, we spotted a Cajun joint across the street named Le Roux. The place was nearly empty and looked kind of interesting, so we decided to give it a try.

I must say that I was amazed to find such good Cajun food in the middle of Central Texas. I had the Deluxe Plate to get a sampling of everything. The shrimp tasted fresh off the boat and the Etouffee with best I've ever had. My companion had the Le Roux Lunch Plate that included a seafood enchilada that was spectaular. The dirty rice was not overly spiced (a complaint I often have), but if you like it spicier, there was hot sauce on each table.

A meal at lunch runs $10-15. I liked the place well enough to pick up a to-go menu so I would remember to write a review - it was THAT good.

• Visited July 2012