“"King Suite with Jacuzzi for $143.00 Not such a great deal"”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bastrop
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Bastrop
Reviewed March 4, 2011

The check in process took way to long, the girl who booked the room misspelled my name and took forever to find the reservation. The King suit with Jacuzzi for $143.00 per night was a joke. I asked for a non-smoking room when I booked my reservation and was given a room that smelled like it was a bar. They did however give me a can of spray, but the smell lingered and offered to let me use the ionizer for a few hours, but I had to be out of the room. The room was handicapped accessible shower which was interesting, although i did not ask for it. For the price the room was really low rent an wasnt such a great deal. I made up for it the next morning and had three breakfasts.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed December 9, 2010

Reserved King room, got free upgrade to suite on arrival. Rooms in like new condition, fresh,clean and well appointed. Complimentary breakfast great, always kept hot, and refilled. Employee there the whole time to make sure everyone had what they wanted.
*** Service, service, service! *** We stayed for three days and the management and front desk personnel were always present, friendly and helpful. They recommended restaurants, gave directions, told us about the areas history and points of interest, offered bottled water, all with a genuine smile. I've been in luxury hotels with a concierge and not gotten this level of service. Oh, and dine at Nancy's Steakhouse. The manager recommended it and the steaks were fantastic! To tell the truth, I wasn't expecting much from Bastrop, just along for the ride with my husband. We'll be back!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank WineNDineMeSweetie
HIXBastrop, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bastrop, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2010

Thank you for the wonderful comments. I am extremely happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, and also that you enjoyed our beautiful town. We take a lot of pride in our service level and strive for nothing short of excellent service.
I’m glad you enjoyed Nancy’s Steakhouse. They offer a great menu, and I have never heard one complaint about their food. Bastrop has a lot of great places to dine, offering a lot of variety. Give us a call when you are coming back through town and we will let you know what is going on in the area.
Thank you again for staying with us. I have passed your comments on to the entire staff with my thanks for the great job that they do.
-Jonathan

Reviewed November 20, 2010

My family had a great experience at this hotel. The manager, Jonathan, and front desk employee, Loren, went out of thier way to try to accomodate our family needs. Be aware that this hotel has both smoking and non-smoking rooms, so make sure your room preference known when booking directly with them. The only reason I rate the room as average is because they still have smoking rooms. Great deal with the free breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family

Thank you for your kind review. Our staff takes a lot of pride in the service level we offer at our hotel. I have thanked Loren for her service to your family as well. It was great having you stay with us, and we hope to see you again. Also, the elimination of our smoking rooms is in the works.

Reviewed October 21, 2010

I really enjoyed my stay there. The beds were really comfortable and everything was really clean, nice TV, the coffee was great, and the staff were nice. I thoroughly checked the room for bed bugs and did not find anything (I'm paranoid about that). Left hotel at 3:30 am to catch a flight out of Austin. The drive was quick.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to post a review for us. We strive to keep our service and cleanliness at our hotel at the highest levels. I am happy that your drive to the airport was quick and your trip home safe. Thank you for choosing to be our guest. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed October 12, 2010

Room was spacious and the included breakfast was great for everyone. The staff was very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 13, 2010

Before we arrived I did have some concerns, as the last Holiday Inn Express we stayed in was quite a disappointment. Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bastrop was anything but a disappointment, though. Everything about our stay there was perfect. We were checked in by Stephanie, who went far above and beyond anything we could have expected. She provided us with a map of the town, spent several minutes making recommendations about things to see and do and great places to eat, and shared interesting facts about the town's history. Her friendly and welcoming manner truly got our stay off to a great start!

Every area of the hotel that we encountered was spotlessly clean. The lobby, the breakfast room, the downstairs public restroom, the elevator, our room...all exactly what you would hope to find. I know this hotel does offer smoking rooms, which concerned me somewhat prior to arrival (we generally prefer to stay in all non-smoking hotels), but at no point did we encounter the smell of smoke anywhere on the premises.

The best were very comfortable, and it was nice to have a choice between soft and firm pillows. The a/c did a wonderful job of keeping up with the Texas heat. The room was spacious.

Breakfast was good both mornings. They offer a nice variety of standard hotel breakfast foods: cereals, sweet breads, eggs, sausage, yogurt, a variety of bread for toasting, jelly, juices, coffee,etc. The warm cinnamon rolls were delicious. What really set this apart from most hotel breakfasts was that the breakfast area was so well attended. Not only was the room kept very clean, but the lady working the breakfast area was very friendly and helpful, asking if we needed anything, etc.

If I had one complaint about this hotel, it is that it is difficult to find initially. We drove all the way through town upon arrival and did not see a sign anywhere. Once we reached what appeared to be the edge of town we stopped at a storage rental facility and asked for directions, and found we needed to turn back. The street the hotel is located on is not located by GPS.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you for posting your review of our hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff works very hard to provide the highest quality service and the cleanest hotel. We take a lot of pride in our service level and cleanliness. I have thanked Stephanie for her fantastic service to you. I know that she thoroughly enjoys serving our guests.
I do apologize for our address not showing up in your GPS. I do know that it shows up in most, however it is still being processed in some as well. The street that our property sets on is a private drive, and was recently remapped. It should show up shortly in all GPS services.
Thank you again for your review. Thank you as well for being our guest. It was an honor for us to have you choose to stay with our hotel. I hope that you will get the chance to come visit our historical city soon.

Reviewed July 11, 2009

We enjoyed our 4th of July stay at the Holiday Inn in Bastrop. We had stayed in the Comfort Inn next dorr the last couple of years, but that place is filthy. From checkin to leaving all were pleasant and helpful. They are a little pricier than the place next door, however the cleanliness and super comfortable bed made it totally worth the extra $.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jodi_123
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bastrop
Hampton Inn & Suites Bastrop
Super 8 Bastrop TX
Super 8 Bastrop TX
#8 of 9 in Bastrop
Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort & Spa

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bastrop? Share your experiences!