All reviewsfront desksausagewhite sheetsfresh cookiesshower headac worked greatnice sizewalmarthieweddingcleanlinesspillowsaustinfreeway
Reviewed April 13, 2017

The hotel is an easy drive from the airport and about 30 minutes from downtown Austin. It was very clean, the staff was very nice and appreciated our sense of humor. The room was nice. We slept through breakfast. The parking lot w
is well lit.

Stayed: March 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cindy H
Reviewed March 29, 2017 via mobile

I booked this hotel as a base of operations on our vacation in the Texas Hill Country and couldn't have made a better selection if I tried. Not only is the hotel conveniently located geographically, it's far enough from the freeway to actually be peaceful, and the staff is excellent and more than make up for the small cosmetic imperfections of this hotel. It has a pool and a hot tub on site though the one that was in my room was much better than the one by the pool as far as jet pressure is concerned. Even though the pool is supposed to close at 10 PM as long as you're quiet the staff looks the other way and you can pretty much swim all night long. It's conveniently close to shopping if you have forgotten to pack anything and there are several nice restaurants within walking distance. We will definitely be staying at this hotel again when we're in the area.

Stayed: March 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TexMcDaniel
Reviewed January 9, 2017 via mobile

We really enjoyed the hotel, overall it was very clean the only ding being the shower head had alot of corrosion on it and there were a few other spots in the bathroom that could have been touched up. The staff was fantastic the evening counter guy was very friendly and chatty, the breakfast attendant was very nice as well and kept a close watch on what was running out. The breakfast provided was nice nothing to great they had eggs, sausage, bacon, and biscuits but there heating lamps were not doing a very good job keeping them warm both days we got cold sausage and bacon. I will definitely use the hotel again in the future hopefully they will have the heat lamps fixed.

Stayed: January 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank mel19802016
Reviewed November 9, 2016

I stayed a week at this Holiday Inn Express. It was very nice. The personnel were also very nice and helpful. The room and hotel overall was very well kept and cleaned constantly. The hot breakfast was provided, with a nice variety. The beds are comfortable to my taste, with plenty of pillows. The air unit worked well. No complaints.

• Stayed: November 2016, traveled on business
1  Thank Jo J
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bastrop, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2016

Dear Jo J,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay. I am pleased to know that we were able to meet your expectations when it comes to providing comfortable as well as friendly accommodations. Your kind comments are highly appreciated. Let us assure you that we will continuously strive for improvement to make your future stays even better.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed October 20, 2016

I called and made reservations about two months before our stay. I spoke to Garrett and requested a room for my elderly parents and a room for my husband and me. When we arrived (early), our rooms were ready and our room was upgraded to a suite and my parents were very close to us on the same floor, which I requested. What a pleasant surprise!!! Garrett even called me by name because he recognized my voice from our conversation the night before we arrived. Wow, very impressive! I called to check if we could get in to our rooms a little early since we needed to be at a wedding at 3:30. After the wedding, we returned to the hotel and Rolando greeted us and offered complimentary beer. He was very informative and we thoroughly enjoyed visiting with him. The full breakfast was very good and so were our rooms. I will definitely stay here again!!!

• Stayed: October 2016, traveled with family