“Happy Hour!!”

Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Bastrop
Houston, Texas
“Happy Hour!!”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed in Bastrop because it was easy to get to the Aggie game in College Station. This hotel looks brand new, they had the nicest staff, and they gave us free beer! Let me say that again, free beer! I was shocked. We will be back for every Aggie game.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jessie H
Jonathan A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bastrop, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are proud of our new Happy Hour, and glad that accessing the A&M games from our Hotel was easy for you. We will see you for the next home game.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed September 9, 2013

This Hotel was great. The room was extremely spacious, and free breakfast was excellent. I would most definitely stay at this hotel again. This hotel is two hours from San Antonio and only one hour from College Station. Since we live in San Antonio, it was a perfect place to stay after the Aggie game since we did not want to drive all the way home. I would highly recommend.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Jonathan A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bastrop, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Our location and happy hour, has made us a favorite stopping point for a lot of San Antonio Aggie fans. I hope to see you when you are heading to the next game.
Texas
Reviewed September 5, 2013

HIE is our hotel of choice when we travel all over US. Our favorite is the HIE in Dalhart, Texas but this one gives a good run for the money. Lobby is really striking.....clean, spacious, trendy. Check in was easy. The room has a fabulous layout which all should have. You know that annoying problem everyone has when the door is open and you have to run in the bathroom or hide behind a towel due to privacy needs? With this room, you open the door and walk into a hall. Turn left, then right, go through another door into the room.. AWESOME. Actual privacy! So the wall you look at when you open the door is the back wall of the bathroom! So great!! We slept well UNTIL the dumpster was thundering around about 9 AM. So much for sleeping late! Really a great property and move over Dalhart... this one may be #1.

Room Tip: If you are needing to sleep late... make sure the dumpsters are not outside your window.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank txfrmgrl
I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We receive a lot of positive feedback about our different room layouts and how quiet our rooms are. I am sorry about the dumpsters waking you up. I have contacted the waste management company and spoken with them about it. I hope next time you are in our area you will join us for our happy hour, and allow us to become your new favorite Holiday Inn Express.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 1, 2013

This hotel from the outside to the inside was very nicely done, you can tell it was a new built (which they did a very good job). The rooms were spacious, clean & neat, with a nice view (depending on which room you got, which mine was nice). The employees that worked the front desk were all VERY nice, helpful, and polite. I would recommend this hotel to family and/or friends. I would definitely go back again!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Vivian G
Jonathan A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bastrop, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and I have passed on my thanks to the staff for their great service to you. I hope to see you again in the future.
Tucson, AZ
Reviewed July 11, 2013

What a hidden gem. My family of 5 has stayed at multiple IHG brand hotels, including tons of HIE's. this one is top notch. The manager allowed us to checkin slightly early, and even offered us a glass of locally sourced microbrew while we waited for our room to be ready. The outdoor pool/spa is fabulous and clean. It includes a covered patio with ceiling fans, a whirlpool, and a separate table area with a water feature. The staff has been wonderful, and housekeeping goes the extra mile with finishing touches. 5/5 would stay again!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Skyetai
Jonathan A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bastrop, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words. My staff and I are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. The microbrew made here in town is great, and we are proud to be able to provide it to our guests. Please stop in and see us next time you are in town.
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Stayed for three nights in an amazing hotel with excellent staff and amazing rooms. Grounds were extremely clean and I cannot say enough about the friendly staff. I will be back soon. Cannot wait to sit back and enjoy the hot tub again. The pillows were fresh and extremely comfortable. But the real highlight of my stay was the courteous and understanding staff, definitely a cut above the rest.

• Stayed May 2013
Jonathan A, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bastrop, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our Hotel. I am very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Please come back and see us in the future!
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Just like the title says, this place is like new & very clean. Modern, attractively styled. But, the best thing is the culture & how we were treated by the employees!
For example, I needed feminine products...I looked in thier commissary area & there weren't any. The employee could have told me to go next door to Walmart, instead she gave me some of her own!

Thank you Laura!!!!

We were here to go to COTA & this turned out to be close & a great value, as well. Will stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013
Jonathan A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bastrop, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
I am very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. I have thanked Laurie for her great service to you. I appreciate you pointing it out for me. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bastrop
Hampton Inn & Suites Bastrop
Super 8 Bastrop TX
Super 8 Bastrop TX
#9 of 9 in Bastrop
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Elgin

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bastrop? Share your experiences!