“Very outdated”

Bastrop Inn
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Bastrop
“Very outdated”
Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was the best we could find available. The staff were courteous. The amenities are outdated and worn out. It was a sad little room. The soap bars were very small. The room was clean. The facade is nice. No iron and ironing board. That upset me. I was in need of one. I feel the $204.00 for 2 nights was a bit high for what we received. I can tell they use a bleach on the sheets it was a bit overwhelming in such a small space. It will do but not a second time.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I stayed for the United States Grand Prix when all the other hotels were price gouging. It was very affordable.
The proprietor scared me a bit when she said that she would hold the room until 8pm and wanted a call if I was going to be late. I did call her and she did hold the room.
There are no luxury features. The soap bars are the smallest I have ever seen and the wash clothes might have been used to wash vehicles at some point. The refrigerator had the cord wrapped around it discouraging use. The toilet could have been cleaner.
But, the bed was very comfortable and the room was quiet.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Bluffton,Tx
Reviewed February 12, 2013

The staff was very friendly the time I was there.
The rooms were clean with okay decor.
The outside was clean.
The walls in this motel are paper thin,I could here people on both sides of me and the person up stairs.
There are restaurants not to for from the motel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank nazirites
Winchester, Virginia
Reviewed February 14, 2012

Although, I have never stayed at this hotel and cannot comment on the hotel itself. I must say the staff is very helpful and friendly! My bf was working out of town on Valentine's Day and I wanted to surprise him with a gift- the staff was very helpful as they were very responsive to helping me make sure the package was delivered to him. It was very much appreciated as I know most larger chains would have viewed this as a hassle and would not been as accomodating!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dena H
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I am working in town and was able to get a good rate, the rooms are dated but the staff is friendly. If you are looking for an affordable room, this place is great

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank Hili9er1969
Pleasant Hill,il
Reviewed January 14, 2011

I drive a truck and spent the nilght at the Inn. Great place, friendly staff nice rooms and the price was great, with a winter rate, couldn't asked for any better. That and within walking distance has to be the absolutely greatest B.B.Q place I have had the pleasure to enjoy and I have been to a lot all over the country. I would definetely reccomend Bastrop Inn to all.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank lrynjohoaglin
Reviewed March 12, 2010

I receintly stayed here while working in bastrop and enjoyed the stay very much. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The best part is the location, it is located near the highway but far enough so noise was not an issue. I will definately be staying here next time i work out this way.

• Stayed January 2011