“Great fried chicken, bland veggies. ”

The Grace Miller Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 109 Restaurants in Bastrop
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

We had the lunch special with fried chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy and green beans. The green beans and potatoes needed more flavor. The fried chicken was great. Crispy crust, tender meat. Interesting old building, but it was not very cool in the hot weather. The peach cobbler was good, but not my favorite type of filling. Overall, I would try it again.

Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

Ordered the chicken fried steak with a fully loaded baked potato. Very filling. Gravy was tasty, meal overall was so good. Ask for extra butter for the potato. Staff was all smiles and very friendly. Price is very reasonable.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

My family has eaten at Gracies now and then when in Bastrop for the past six years or so .
Normally the food is great (chicken fried steak and grilled chicken breast) but last few times the taste of the food has declined.
Not sure if they changed cooks or what , but the chicken breast lacked seasoning, geen beans and blackeyed peas tasted to be out of a can and not the normal freshness we were used to eating there.

Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

Ate with members of my family this evening for dinner.

We ordered chips and queso for an appetizer. The queso was nothing special and I wish it had more flavor from salsa or chopped peppers or jalapeños.

In small towns like Bastrop, I usually always opt for something along the 'southern home cooking' line, so I ordered the chicken fried steak. It was ok. I felt like the crust was a little too charred and picked through about 1/2 the steak before I was finished.

The mashed potatoes were the highlight of the platter and I only took one bite of the black eyed peas, yuck.

The rest of my party ordered, respectively, the shrimp pasta alfredo, green chile cheeseburger and bacon cheeseburger. Their items all looked appealing and everyone said they enjoyed their meal.

I believe we would have chosen another restaurant, but unfortunately in Bastrop, most eateries are closed or have reduced hours on Sunday.

3 stars for service, menu value, variety of items and being open.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

Gracie's was very good. The prices were average, and the food was above average. There isn't much room inside and our family of four had to eat outside (prefered to be inside where the air conditioner was) but weren't miserable. They have a variety of choices from italian to mexican to homestyle american. We left full and satisfied. The old neighborhood was interesting to look at and walk around. Parking was easy. Their specials are only for lunch ---dinner is full price.