The staff was great. The breakfast was awesome - lots of variety, great set up. The room was clean and spacious. I didn't personally make the reservation, but it didn't have a fridge or microwave and only had a small night stand with drawers to put clothing in. There was a a shelving unit that we put small bags in and the closet of course. There seemed to plenty of outlets for our electronic gadgets to charge and so forth. The bathroom was spacious and nice. The pin you pull up to go from tub faucet to shower head was broken, but we didn't mention it until we left....wasn't a big deal for us.
The only complaint that I had which was bigger for me than my family was the black beetles outside - they were NOT inside (except at the entrances). When we arrived they were everywhere....hundreds of them on the porch, walls, canopy, sidewalk and driveway. You couldn't walk without stepping on them and they were all alive and moving all around. The desk staff said they this wasn't normal and had come to town a couple of days before. (they were in town inside and outside of nearby stores too.) I understand not being able to eliminate them from the premises, but I would have expected to see someone out front attempting to keep the bugs away from porch where all the customers had to walk in, or help them in. We drove to the back to park and they where all over the place; so change my "hundreds" to "thousands". It was really horrible. The next day most were dead and laying on their backs, but when we returned late that evening they were all still laying there all around the property. A blower is all it takes, or a push broom at the very least. When we left the 3rd day they were all still out there and that was a disappointment. Hire someone to come in and remove the bugs. The hotel is great, but the passiveness to clean up these bugs leaves a bad impression. We watched other guests doing trying to step around and over the bugs and walking on tippy toes, etc. Guest shouldn't have had to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Bastrop hotel is located off Highway 71 and only 20 minutes away from the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport. We are located in the Lost Pines region between Austin and Houston and home to the Bastrop Fine Arts Guild Gallery, antique shops and restaurants. Host your next event in our 3,200 sq. ft. Texas Grand Ballroom and wake up to free breakfast along with complimentary WiFi throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Bastrop reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Bastrop
- Hampton Inn & Suites Bastrop Hotel Bastrop