“Horrible guest service”

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Bastrop
Odessa, Texas
“Horrible guest service”
Reviewed January 22, 2012

I was not happy with the treatment from the front desk girl name Nayeli, she was sitting down half of the time, using her phone listening to music. When i asked for help she said she didnt know and didnt attempt to help and was to busy messing wit her phone!! I was really upset, I think she could of done more, and she needs to attent guess rather then been on her phone and sitting down. Also the phone kept ringing and she will not answer!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Guadalupe G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Oakland, Ca
Reviewed December 12, 2011

I had to come to Bastrop for a business trip and having never been before, I crossed my fingers and selected Hampton Inn for my stay. I was not disappointed. The hotel was clean, the room was clean, the location was convenient and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay here again if I were in the area. Great hotel for business travel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Houston
Reviewed October 26, 2011

I would recommend staying here, because the staff members are nice, the pool is in very good shape, and the fitness center is enjoyable. I've been here on a business trip for two days and am enjoying the quiet and also the scenery. Another good point toward the hotel is that they accept government rates. Other hotels in Bastrop refuse to accept government rates.

There is no evening meal or snack offered, but the breakfast is excellent. Actually, at 5pm, they put out some cookies for clients. Today at breakfast, there were danishes, muffins, eggs, bacon, bagels, oatmeal, yogurt, and my favorite - waffles. It is a serve yourself kind of breakfast, which is great. I hope you enjoy yourself if you decide to stay here.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Central Texas
Reviewed September 21, 2011

Perhaps you have heard about the wildfire that raged out of control near Bastrop, TX during early September 2011. We knew it first hand: we had to evacuate our home and find alternate housing for almost two weeks (we were fortunate: our home was untouched by the fire). We struck gold when we got the last room in town at the Hampton. We were warmly welcomed along with a hoard of other evacuees (and their pets, which I believe was somewhat unusual). The staff was very attentive and caring about our needs. In conversation with various staff members we learned that some of them had lost their homes. This in no way negatively affected the quality of their service. In face I would say it enhanced the quality. As the fire fight progressed some of the evacuees left and were replace by firefighters and relief workers. The wholle experience was extraordinarily positive, and I believe that the Hamption Inn contributed to it in a major way.

Room Tip: Ask for a king unless you need 2 beds.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Alan_and_Vera
Sheridan, Arkansas
Reviewed August 8, 2011

We showed up @1AM with no reservations after 12+ hours on the road and the staff at the Hampton took great care of us for 3 days and nights. We had a wonderful room, the free breakfast was great and the staff extremely friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank DALong
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 5, 2011

This hotel is pure luxury. We originally had reservations at Austin Omni Downtown which did not meet our excpectations at ALL. The room was horrible. Advice do not get a suite! So we left and came to this hotel which is new, nice and homey. We reserved a king suite 15 minutes before we got here and it was ready. We stayed on the 4th floor and it was so great! Comfy beds, good bathroom, big room, and most importantly clean! We will continue to come here when we stay in the area!

• Stayed August 2011
8 Thank hjg61
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed August 4, 2011

I stay in Bastrop on business on a regular basis. The Hampton Inn & Suites is the nicest place in town to stay. It is new, built within the last 1 1/2 years and still has that fresh new look and feel. The staff are always cheerful, rooms are very clean and the complimentary breakfast is a step above what is usually offered at a Holiday Inn Express and Comfort Inn. I have stayed at both the HIE and Comfort Inn in Bastrop before the Hampton Inn Suites was completed. The Hampton is hands down the best. Both the standard and suite rooms are very nice and prices usually range from $100 - $130. The standard is a typical King style room and the Suite offers additional couch, microwave, fridge and sink and a great desk type of partition that separates the living area from the bedroom area. Great big flat screen TV. A very nice indoor pool and workout area is available also. I will stay here everytime I am in Bastrop. Free high speed internet is available.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bastrop
Comfort Suites Bastrop
#4 of 9 in Bastrop
Quality Inn Bastrop
#3 of 9 in Bastrop
Super 8 Bastrop TX
#9 of 9 in Bastrop
South Austin
Holiday Inn Austin Airport

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Bastrop? Share your experiences!