“Try Hasslers Again!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hasler Brothers - CLOSED

Hasler Brothers
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: This should be easy to find. They have a website. One of the best steaks that I have had. As good as any of the big steak restaurants in Chicago. The service was excellent. We were in Bastrop for the first time. I hope to get to go back and eat at Haslers again. Mary Anne Gardiner Grayslake, IL hr_mag@comcast.net
austin
“Try Hasslers Again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2011

Hasslers had a rough start in Bastrop. I've been there 3x now. Drop-dead gorgeous meal last time. Three of us had apps, salads, steaks, 2 bottles wine (good wine), and desserts. $230 + tip. Exactly what you'd expect to pay.

That being said...it took 45 min to get our app. Lucky for us, we weren't in a hurry. The wine plus they're OMG bread was enough. We were visiting with an old friend. My concern was that we'd get apps, salad, and steaks on table at same time.

The waiter truthfully explained that the cook/chef was cooking for both restaurants (they also own Cindys casual dining in a connected building).

From the moment the cheese plate was set down, it was a gorgeous meal. IF YOU ARE A CHEESE LOVER, go there simply for the cheese plate with their bread!

Steaks were perfect, it was all lovely. I spoke with owners and told them I'd been in before with hit-and-miss results. I told them about the wait for apps, but I also told them I'd update tripadvisor with our experience.

They even helped us when our friend's battery went out on his car.

1 Thank texastravelAustin

Fort Worth, Texas
“Only upscale in town”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

Located in the heart of the downtown area. They serve a fair steak and sides with salad. The only time I dined there, it was late afternoon/early evening. The staff was not up to what should be exceptional service for the menu prices. My steak was over cooked and did not have much flavor. I will give them another try.

Visited October 2011