“maxines bastrop tx lunch”
Review of Maxine's

Maxine's
Ranked #3 of 107 Restaurants in Bastrop
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Texas Monthly rates Maxine's one of The 40 Best Small-Town Cafes in Texas and one of the 40 Best Breakfast Places in Texas!
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Today was the first time I had a meal at Maxine's, after hearing about it for several years, disappointed does not fully describe the lunch we were served. We ordered the Jalapeno Burger and it was inedible, literally. The service was poor and I will never visit that restaurant again. I have never written a review of a restaurant before, but the food and service was so bad that I feel I need to warn anyone that would consider visiting this restaurant.

3  Thank Jan H
Libby S, Owner at Maxine's, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2014

Jan,

I am the owner of Maxine's and we are so sorry that you had a bad experience with us. Phyllis, our manager, would love to have more details about your visit. Who waited on you and how we failed. If you are so inclined, you can email her at phyllisbp.maxines@gmail.com.

We would love to have a chance to make it up to you, and at least to learn from our mistakes.

Libby Sartain

There are newer reviews for Maxine's

Reviewed August 5, 2014

The only reason I didn't give 5 stars is because sometimes you have to wait over 30 minutes for your food when it's busy. But the food and friendly service is definitely 5-star. And the portions aren't skimpy, so you get your money's worth. Don't go there if you're in a hurry on a Saturday or Sunday - go when you can relax and enjoy the atmosphere and small-town attributes of downtown Bastrop.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

We just happened to pass through Bastrop, TX when they were holding the homecoming parade. I am a sucker for small town parades and this one did not disappoint. After the parade we stopped and had a late breakfast at Maxine's in downtown Bastrop. This is a really great small town café with a number of fresh and local options. I thought the ham was outstanding and the service was fast and friendly.

Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

We got up this morning and since the weather was great we decided to go on a motorcycle ride. First decision was to where? Bastrop. Next decision was where to eat. Did a quick search an found this place. Excellent choice. It's a great little place with great food at great prices. The staff was incredible. If you're looking for a place to eat in Bastrop, you can't go wrong with Maxine's.

Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

As a homesick Texan, sharing a wonderful meal with family at Maxine's soothed my soul. The delicious food, familiar Texas atmosphere, and excellent service was capped by the live music of a quintessential TX trio. Great memory!

Been to Maxine's? Share your experiences!