“Our absolutely FAVORITE to go to breakfast place!!!”
Review of Maxine's

Maxine's
Ranked #3 of 108 Restaurants in Bastrop
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Texas Monthly rates Maxine's one of The 40 Best Small-Town Cafes in Texas and one of the 40 Best Breakfast Places in Texas!
Reviewed April 15, 2014

This is, without question our FAVORITE breakfast place! The pancakes literally cover the plate! The wait staff is attentive without being intrusive. They serve their own jams, cook their eggs to perfection, & I love the rustic, down home ambiance. Be forewarned -- there is a wait on weekends!! However, well worth it!!! Never had anything but breakfast, but others I know say EVERYTHING is great!!

Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

I ate lunch with my aunt, sister-in-law and her two small children. We were seated promptly and had drinks and menus within minutes. However the waitress was so slow to take our order and deliver our food that it took 1 1/2 hours to finish our meal. She never did deliver our check, we had to hunt it down. We ate around 1:30pm so it was not the lunch rush. Besides that it was good food and cute decor. Just don't go unless you have lots of time and are squirmy child free.

Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

We all had the chicken fried steak it was awesome! Butter beans were so yummy! Way too much food. Staff was extremely friendly

1  Thank Gantpa
Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

Had the chicken fried steak with a raspberry cheesecake for dessert. Absolutely worth a visit, will be back.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

My fiancée and I stopped here one weekend morning after having seen this as one of Texas Monthly's best 40 small town cafés. Hard to argue with their assessment. We waited for about 20 minutes for a table, and it looked to be full of locals, so we figured it had to be good. Kudos to the staff for keeping a container of hot coffee outside for those waiting, as it is relatively small inside.

Maxine's looks like what a cafe should be. Memorabilia and "flair" all over the walls. Quick to serve wait staff. Good prices. We got all of that. I had a "griddle cake" (pancake) that was the size of a small tire and was very good. Bacon on the side was OK - a bit too burnt. My fiancée enjoyed her breakfast tacos.

I don't know how much different it would be from many small town cafés in terms of quality of food - it's good, but not knock your socks off delicious. However, it differentiates itself with charm and a good authentic feel of a small town cafe you would hope to find all over the state and all over small towns

Been to Maxine's? Share your experiences!