Pecan Street Inn
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Bastrop
See available hotels
  • Pool
Bastrop Inn(Bastrop)
View Hotel
All reviewsb bpecan waffleother guestsbed and breakfastbreakfast was deliciouswafflesher husbandenjoyed our staywonderful weekendspent two nightsart galleriesstate parkdowntown bastroptexas hospitalitya great place to stayhistoric areashawn
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I surprised my wife on our 35th anniversary with a night at Pecan Street Inn.The owners were totally accomodating and gracious.The Inn gives off this warm feeling of history and family.NOT a stuffy museum feel like some B&Bs,The breakfast (,cooked at our chosen time) was great We were totally satisfied with our stay and will go back.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank crabrunner
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Traveled from Pennsylvania, were to stay 4 nights: told to send cash/check for half deposit (no cards) sent 283.00 in good faith. Took elderly Aunt to see her son for the last time. Got there and here are the complaints: A bed (built up with pads and whatever/unstable and too high for elderly) said to use a step located in closet, (in the dark for 87 year old who gets up often???) located on porch - yes porch - with many large windows on second floor They said a step to bed would make it right and also put covers over the many windows. The tv was about a 15 inch located in LR - and they said had all sports channels, but who wants to watch sports with others? or what if they didn't want to watch sports at all, said tv in room, but failed to locate it. Well since we arrived a day early we told them we couldn't stay, the lady who made the arrangements never bothered to show up even tho I called her several times to tell her where we were and when we would come. I sent them 283.00 and with all the issues they had to go through to get the room ready (ha ha) they thought we wouldn't get any money back and we should be grateful they don't charge our card more. If you the (reader has time) look down the list of terrible reviews and see someone else who had the same issue - but "I" did not pay attention to it as I believed the B and B -beware giving this place cash - you will not get it back! The people who showed up at the same time we did, a young couple, took one look and fled - they never waited to tell the owners the were not staying with them. They just sent word to us(now) 10 days later - that the place was filled but this I can not believe either as I walked through the house and I didn't get the impression anyone except us and the other couple would have been there, but they said they had to keep the deposit since they were out with turning down other requests to stay. Like I said they bait you with please send check - then when you arrive and find the type of accommodation it is and does not suit elderly ones, no money comes back- THE ROOMS DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT LOOK LIKE THE PICTURES ON THE WEB - BEWARE OF THIS ALSO.

Room Tip: Don't stay here - better off at Holiday Inn
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank margie70745
Reviewed October 21, 2013

This B&B is at the top of my list for great places to be! As soon as you walk into to the amazing historical home, you are relaxed and welcomed. Shawn is super sweet and makes sure that your every need is taken care of. She has a wealth of knowledge about the area and makes great recommendations of things to do, where to eat, where the live music is and who to see. We had an awesome time, made new friends and great memories. We will definitely go back!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 21SusanA
Reviewed October 11, 2013

The Inn was at a great location and Bill and Shawn very informative about the area and accommodating. I had to be at a memorial service early so they quickly made up my room and gave me a place to change and get ready upon my early arrival. The breakfast was wonderful and definitely reflected the area. Very enjoyable stay. Thank you!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank SSharp302
Reviewed September 25, 2013

The B&B was located 1 block from Main St. Bill made us feel very welcomed and cooked us a delightful breakfast. Our room was the master suite upstairs with its own attached bathroom. Lots of beautiful antiques in the house made this stay extra enjoyable!

Room Tip: Choose the master suite for couples
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple