“Decent room for a decent price.”

Quality Inn Bastrop
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Bastrop
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Older property, but maintained well. Room was clean and comfortable, and staff were friendly. Wireless Internet was reliable and fairly fast. Breakfast was standard Quality Inn fare. It's not the Westin, but it's not 200 bucks a night either.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn Bastrop

Reviewed November 5, 2012

stayed at the Quality Inn and was completely satisfied. The hotel has been modernized and is clean and comfortable. The room was quiet and I did not hear road noise or other guests during my stay. The staff was friendly and helpful offering suggestions on places to eat etc.. They always had a smile and were willing to help. The free breakfast was basic but it was ready when it was supposed to be.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Recently stayed here while taking a motorcycle training class nearby. The hotel itself was not bad, older but clean and comfortable. The service however was lacking. The front desk staff were friendly enough, but when problems arose none of them seem to have any power, saying they needed to call the manager. And the problems weren't that complex. The smoke detector in our room started that high pitched screech they make when a new battery is needed. The staff response was "I need to call the manager". Two hours later we had to call the front desk again, and were told the staff starting the next shift would have to help because they were taller and could get the battery out. Really? Arriving with a step ladder the new guy said it didn't have a battery, removed the unit from the ceiling, and said he sure hoped there wasn't a fire that night. Really?
The next morning when I went to the room marked laundry to dry some of our riding gear that we had rinsed out the night before and hadn't dried I was told it was for hotel use only. I asked if I could dry 2 items for about 10 mins I was told, again, "let me call my manager". A few mins later was told there was a laundrymat down the street.
Disappointing. Won't stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Found this hotel to be exactly as the photos showed. Clean room, comfortable bed. Room was quiet. Did not hear hall noise or other guests. The breakfast was a nice assortment. I travel often as a single woman with grandchildren or other women, felt safe in the hotel and the area surrounding the hotel. Walmart was right next door. Several places to eat within walking distance.
This was not a luxury hotel but had everything we needed for a relaxing night. I would absolutely stay here again if in the area and recommend to others.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Donn S
babkamd, General Manager at Quality Inn Bastrop, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

We greatly appreciate your kind review about our hotel and we are glad you had a nice stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I would never give this hotel another oppurtunity to stay. I cancelled my reservations 2 weeks before the scheduled arrival date and the hotel still charged me a no SHOW fee. The Owner/Manager did not want to hear anything, all he cared about was getting his $55.00 no show fee. I travel to Bastrop, Tx. a few times a month and it will be my last time staying at a place like this. I guess they are desperate for their $55.00 rather than having a vistor come 2 times a month. This is just wrong!!!!! Cynthia

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

The reservation in our system was active and not cancelled, therefore you were charged a no show charge. When you called me about this charge I asked you to provide me with a cancellation number (always provided when a cancellation is made) or a name of front desk agent that made the cancellation so we could credit the charge back to you. You did not provide us with either and instead have chosen to write on trip advisor. We regret having to charge you this but it is simply a policy that we adhere to.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I have stayed here 3 times within the last year, it's so refreshing to see the same faces time after time! All the staff are so pleasant and accomodating! Miss Eva was there all 3 stays and we have even gotten to know each other on a personal level regarding our grandkids. If you choose to stay here ask her about the dumpster!! Most important it's a clean and safe place to stay, rooms exceptionally clean and the breakfasts are Better than most restaurants that you will eat at! See you next trip staff and Miss Eva!! Thanks for all your hard and over than above gratitude!!
Best Regards,
Anne

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank ANNE S
Reviewed August 26, 2012

The owners continue to improve and upgrade what used to be a rather tired motel. It is now fresh and comfortable, the staff was very friendly and the free breakfast wad varied and tasty. My wife and I recommend this convenient inn when passing through or enjoying quaint little Bastrop.

• Stayed: July 2012