“WOW best brisket ever!”

Busbee's Bar-B-Que
Ranked #4 of 38 Restaurants in Bandera
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
“WOW best brisket ever!”
Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

Helpful staff and delicious food. The peach cobbler is the most amazing thing you'll ever eat in your life. Thanks for having us.

JLDVGD, Owner at Busbee's Bar-B-Que, responded to this review, September 1, 2014
Thanks for visiting us and the kinds words about our brisket and peach cobbler. We do appreciate it and look forward to seeing you again soon!!

Colorado
“All the way from Colorado”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

The food will served in heaven! I visit Bandera quite often and ALWAYS eat here, from the smell of the wood to the taste of the food you will be at home. If you think the food is good wait till you experience the service, from Joe and Virginia ,Linda Amy, Brian, Dole , Mike and any one I forgot, you will think you are at a family reunion as the guest of honor. If your hungry or just need a smile and a hug this is the place , oh and the prayers are always free. Give it a try come for the food stay for the hospitality.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank raye c
Thank you for visiting us all the way from Colorado. We know you visit us at least once a year and as always we look forward to seeing you!
“My favorite stop in Bandera for food”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

At least once or twice a year, we pass through Bandera. We always save room for BBQ here. I love the chopped beef and sausage sandwich. It's full of tender meat and juicy sausage. It has the right amount of sauce and the bread is soft. The tea was refreshing. The old time country music was a treat too. Can't wait to stop again on my next trip that way in a few weeks.

• Visited July 2014
JLDVGD, Owner at Busbee's Bar-B-Que, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
We appreciate you kind remarks about Busbee's BBQ. We continue to strive toward excellence and your comments help a lot. Hope you will visit us again soon and thank you.
Schertz, Texas
“Best BBQ I've had in a while!”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

I actually got the angus burger, which was beefy and juicy and out of this world! I can't go to a BBQ place, though, and not taste the sausage and brisket, so I ordered some small pieces on the side. Delicious!!! Juicy meat and the sausage was excellent! The sauce was also really good. The service was excellent, and the restaurant was very clean and homey. I'd drive all the way out there again just for the BBQ.

Visited July 2014
JLDVGD, Owner at Busbee's Bar-B-Que, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Thank you for visiting our restaurant. We are glad that you tried our hamburgers too as we have a unique way of making them the "old fashioned" style. Hope to see you again soon!
Lancaster, SC
“Overcharged and would not take food back”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I visited Bandera on Saturday, July 5th. The ordering process is at a counter where you order, pay, then sit at a table and wait for your food. I asked the man at the register, big bald guy, how many rids come with an order. He said about ten. My son likes ribs too so I said I'll have an order of ribs (that we could share). My wife stepped up and ordered her meal along with my other two sons. The sign above the register said ribs cost $11.95. I went over to our table and helped get everyone settled in. My wife sits down and tells me our order came to over $81.00. I knew this could not be right. I had only ordered one order of ribs, she picked a selection for around $8.00 and my sons had one cheeseburger and teas. So we had three meals and five teas. When the ribs came, it was a huge pile of ribs that filled up the plate - over 15 big ribs. I told the waitress, Linda, that this is not what we ordered. She was great, btw. She checked and said they charged by the pound, and that the ribs cost over $40.00. I asked for an itemized ticket, and the ribs were $41.00 and some change. I told her that this is not what we ordered. She took the plate and said she would take half of them back, which we agreed to. A few seconds later she came back with the full plate and said that they could not take them back after they had been out in the dining area. My son and I along with my whole group tried to eat all the ribs since we had no choice, but ended up packing up four for later. As I said, Linda was great and apologized over and over again. She gave us a pecan pie, so I think she did all she could. I feeled like I was cheated out of $25.00 to $30.00. I have never been to a restaurant where they would not take back a wrong order.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank pg212001
JLDVGD, Owner at Busbee's Bar-B-Que, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
We are sorry that you feel you were over charged while visiting our restaurant. Since December, 2013, meat prices have risen over 50 percent. Our prices are some of the lowest in the hill country. Regarding your visit, we do not have an "order of ribs" as you indicated. We sell ribs by the plate, by the pound, by the rack or individually. We will gladly replace a product if there is something wrong with it. Unfortunately, health department rules do not permit us to take a product back after it is on a customer's table. As with most restaurants we do package leftovers for the customer to take home. We hope you will understand our position.