“Best BBQ I've had in a while!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Busbee's Bar-B-Que

Busbee's Bar-B-Que
Ranked #4 of 38 Restaurants in Bandera
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Schertz, Texas
“Best BBQ I've had in a while!”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

I actually got the angus burger, which was beefy and juicy and out of this world! I can't go to a BBQ place, though, and not taste the sausage and brisket, so I ordered some small pieces on the side. Delicious!!! Juicy meat and the sausage was excellent! The sauce was also really good. The service was excellent, and the restaurant was very clean and homey. I'd drive all the way out there again just for the BBQ.

Visited July 2014
JLDVGD, Owner at Busbee's Bar-B-Que, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Thank you for visiting our restaurant. We are glad that you tried our hamburgers too as we have a unique way of making them the "old fashioned" style. Hope to see you again soon!

Lancaster, SC
“Overcharged and would not take food back”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I visited Bandera on Saturday, July 5th. The ordering process is at a counter where you order, pay, then sit at a table and wait for your food. I asked the man at the register, big bald guy, how many rids come with an order. He said about ten. My son likes ribs too so I said I'll have an order of ribs (that we could share). My wife stepped up and ordered her meal along with my other two sons. The sign above the register said ribs cost $11.95. I went over to our table and helped get everyone settled in. My wife sits down and tells me our order came to over $81.00. I knew this could not be right. I had only ordered one order of ribs, she picked a selection for around $8.00 and my sons had one cheeseburger and teas. So we had three meals and five teas. When the ribs came, it was a huge pile of ribs that filled up the plate - over 15 big ribs. I told the waitress, Linda, that this is not what we ordered. She was great, btw. She checked and said they charged by the pound, and that the ribs cost over $40.00. I asked for an itemized ticket, and the ribs were $41.00 and some change. I told her that this is not what we ordered. She took the plate and said she would take half of them back, which we agreed to. A few seconds later she came back with the full plate and said that they could not take them back after they had been out in the dining area. My son and I along with my whole group tried to eat all the ribs since we had no choice, but ended up packing up four for later. As I said, Linda was great and apologized over and over again. She gave us a pecan pie, so I think she did all she could. I feeled like I was cheated out of $25.00 to $30.00. I have never been to a restaurant where they would not take back a wrong order.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank pg212001
JLDVGD, Owner at Busbee's Bar-B-Que, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
We are sorry that you feel you were over charged while visiting our restaurant. Since December, 2013, meat prices have risen over 50 percent. Our prices are some of the lowest in the hill country. Regarding your visit, we do not have an "order of ribs" as you indicated. We sell ribs by the plate, by the pound, by the rack or individually. We will gladly replace a product if there is something wrong with it. Unfortunately, health department rules do not permit us to take a product back after it is on a customer's table. As with most restaurants we do package leftovers for the customer to take home. We hope you will understand our position.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Awesome”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

In the last 5-6 years I have made it a point to stop in to Busbee's for the chesseburgers. To date I have never had one that was better. We usually travel from Colorado south to Jourdanton TX and I have never been disappointed, except once. I took my 5 year old on the trip with me and raved the whole time about the cheese burger and BBQ. We got to town and parked on a back street and walked up to the front door. It was closed! On a Tuesday? To say the least, we were both very disappointed, so we continued down the road. Other than that one time, I have never had any issues, the service has always been great, so much stuff to look at inside and it makes you feel relaxed. Bandera as a whole is a wonderful little town to visit and I would reccomend it to anyone.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Matt V
JLDVGD, Owner at Busbee's Bar-B-Que, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Thank you for your comments about our Cheeseburgers and BBQ. Glad you have made us one of your favorite food stops especially coming all the way from Colorado. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon.
San Antonio, Texas
“Great Service Average BBQ”
Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

Wonderful service and staff . The portions were small and the briquet was good . I have had much better. The tea was weak and the bread tasted store bought. The price was high and not commensurate with the portions. Decent atmosphere . The means room was flirty and smelled. Next tome will just keep on driving by .

Visited July 2014
Limoges
“Excellent Food!!”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

The food was great. You order at the cash and pay for it and then it is brought to your table. We had brisket and ribs and for dessert my husband had peach cobbler. He said it was the best peach cobbler he had had.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Kim V
JLDVGD, Owner at Busbee's Bar-B-Que, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Thank you very much for visiting us and for your critique of our restaurant. We do appreciate it and hope to merit your visiting us again when in Bandera.