“Woo doggies!”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Well what can I say. Great ribs and brisket. Pork ribs were perfect fall off the bone tender. And the Potatoe salad was great. But the star of the show. The peach cobbler was AMAZING. cinnamon sprinkled on top of the ice cream. And a little warm. I will be coming back. They have a little shack out back of the place, the waitress who was the nicest ever, said I could stay there if I wanted. I might have to take up there offer.

JLDVGD, Owner at Busbee's Bar-B-Que, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Thank you so much for your kind remarks about Busbee's BBQ. We truly value your opinion and strive to do our best. Glad you were pleased, and hope to see you again soon. Hope you and your family have a prosperous New Year.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

best to be prepared for what you like- the wall menu is a bit overwhelming. The kids had HUGE hamburgers- and we had the brisket- very yummy. great sides too if you have room!

JLDVGD, Owner at Busbee's Bar-B-Que, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

Thank you for visiting us and for your excellent review. We hope to see you again when in Bandera. Have a wonderful New Year.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Good Texas style BBQ but slightly overpriced. One BBQ beef brisket sandwich is over $7.00, so I ordered a half pound of brisket and four slices of bread which made two big sandwiches for less than 7 bucks.

JLDVGD, Owner at Busbee's Bar-B-Que, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Thank you for visiting us and I am glad you enjoyed your meal. We take great pride in our foods and think they are fairly priced considering the time and effort we have put into them. Incidentally, we are the lowest priced of any BBQ restaurant in the hill country. Also with your $7.00 sandwich, you do get one of our side orders to enjoy too! Hope to see you again.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

I'm a native Texan and as such I can say I've had my share of Texas barbecue. The stuff is such a main-stay around here that it's a little hard to impress me, I admit. That being said, the first time I had Busbee's bbq I realized that I was hooked.

I've since moved here to Bandera and I kept promising myself that I would "one day" try something other than the melt-in-your-mouth brisket and sausage plate that I usually get. It did take a while because the brisket really is amazing; tender, moist, and they give you either the more marbled or less marbled pieces - you just tell them which.

The sausage is always perfect, good and meaty without the fillers and odd bits you find in cheaper sausage. These are premium meats, y'all. You can tell when you take a bite. I understand they smoke their meats for 10 hours over special oak, and you can taste the care they put into that food.

I did finally branch off and tried their chicken which is ridiculously good!! I even did what, for me, seems unthinkable and tried a burger just to find that it's probably the best burger in town. That was a real surprise! The swiss burger is especially good - all melty with a great, seasoned patty. And of course their chopped beef, which is made from the same brisket they serve on a plate, is wonderful with a big serving and delicious, fresh sides.

The restaurant itself is cute and quirky, very fitting with the local color and filled with neat little details. The staff is friendly and helpful and the owner is often there working along side them making sure everything is just right.

If you're ever in Bandera, be sure to give yourself a treat and stop and try bbq served by the great folks at Busbees. It really is worth the trip to this little town just for the food and service.

1  Thank NathalieNorris
JLDVGD, Owner at Busbee's Bar-B-Que, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2013

Thank you Nathalie for your kind remarks about our restaurant. Glad you moved to Bandera and hope you will visit us often. Please let me know when you come again so I can buy you a dessert and visit with you. Sincerely, Joe Davis, Owner

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Why would you go to a funky-looking Bar-B-Que in an old building on an obscure, dusty small Texas town? Why for the interesting setting and the Bar-B-Que, of course. You won't be disappointed with either. This is near San Antonio, where I usually go to Rudy's for my Bar-B-Que. There, they cut off the black outer coating of the brisket. They didn't do that at Busbee's. But I'll have to say, I like Busbee's meat better. And their Bar-B-Que sauce is also superior.

JLDVGD, Owner at Busbee's Bar-B-Que, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Thank you Robert for dining with us. We appreciate your critique of our restaurant and next time you come see us the dessert if on me. Sincerely, Joe Davis, Owner